Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 09-11-2003, 06:12 AM   #11
Nem
Registered Member

Default Re: the paint (oops)

and the american model is quite good in comparison.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2003, 06:26 AM   #12
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: CBR1000RR Intro

honda-fireblades.co.uk claims horsepower is 163@11250 RPM
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:52 AM   #13
ATDoGG11
Founding Member

did anyone else notice that the swingarm on the honda is different on the left and right side. I would think it would throw the balance of, but who know. Anyway that hon, zuk, and kaw got nothin on the R1, too hot!
ATDoGG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:56 AM   #14
wrecks
Founding Member

most bikes have asymmetrical swingarms. Need somewhere for the chain to go.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:56 AM   #15
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Yee-ha! Gonna be one helluva year for us bigbore aficianados. All three of Suzuki's liter bike competition look fantastic, especially the Honda and Yammie.

One glaring ommision in Honda's specs are the bikes weight. That could be a surprise in either direction, but the CBR600RR was a bit portly compared to the competition. Probably won't slow it down one iota.

At least my beloved Gixxer will HAVE some competition this year. So many toys, so little time. My guess is they all will be so good it'll be a matter of your favorite brand, dealer, color, etc. No matter what, the excess express will run rampant this year. Which one will ultimately rise to the top?? Hmmmm.....let the open class holocaust begin. Enjoy the ride. Cheers, Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:02 AM   #16
nbyers
Registered Member

Default That Pooch

Where does that expression come from anyway? "Screw the pooch", I mean.

I'm kind of a Honda guy, but I think the new R1 is the best looking of the new liter bikes; and the 02/03 R1 was a classic.

We MOfos have much to say about the way these bikes look...all the new liter bikes have such outrageous performance that maybe that's the best way to parse between them!

nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:08 AM   #17
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Fugly paint...

The problem is simply that painting the lower fairing different, with no crossing graphics, just screams "cheapness", especially since that fairing line doesn't match the other lines of the bike.

Wouldn't it look so much better if, say the red & black one was red all the way, with the honda wing over the WHOLE front rather than the top front?
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:17 AM   #18
gar_bau
Founding Member

Default Re: Fugly paint...

buy the black 1000RR, and buy a set of large silver/chrome Honda wings, and it should look like the 2004 600RR in black--pretty sharp.
gar_bau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:22 AM   #19
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: CBR1000RR is nice but...

What I can't figure out is they get the CBF250 and we get the Nighthawk 250. What's going on there?!? That's a nice looking little bike and it even has a real front brake for godsake.

I don't get the marketing strategy that thinks this is a good idea. At least with the CBF250 a young kid could ride it to school and still be proud of it.

I won't even go into the Transalp/Veradero thing. I know "they don't sell here". But the CBF250 hasn't even been given the chance at winning a place in the US.

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:29 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

(yawn) So the literbikes are all 0.001% better than last year(yawn). Just like last year... and the year before... and the year before. How excitingzzzzzzzzzz........

Y'all belly up and trade in yer '03s so you can have the latest and greatest.

PT Barnum was right.