Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 12-20-2000, 04:09 PM   #1
PegDragger
Founding Member

Default CBR's Rule

Hey I'm the proud owner of a 2000 F4 and can't tell you how glad I am. Looks, Dependability and performance are all that count to me, and Honda has them all. I've tried the GSXR's and the R6 and yea they are probably a little more track worthy than the CBR but if you can really ride, it doesn't really matter....Does It!!
PegDragger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2000, 04:16 PM   #2
Radman
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2001 Honda CBR600F4i Reader Feedback

Looks are getting there and the fuel injection is cool. Unfortunately both the Yamaha and Suzuki look (quite a bit) better AND have better performance. Come on Honda, time to give the CBR600 some character! Pay off the dB guys and go for the horsepower!!
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 05:07 PM   #3
FieryErmine
Founding Member

The thing is that I thought that the regular F4 was supposed to be the user-friendly one and that F4i was supposed to be the ractrack tool.

I, for one think that a bike should be about speed first. If I want convenience, I'll drive my car.

I certainly don't have any problems with people who like F4's or Radians or Harleys or whatever you ride. I find it surprising that you find it necessary to berate others. Oh well, people always find it easy to call people names over the internet.

Robin.
FieryErmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 11:15 PM   #4
Pacer
Founding Member

I would be the frist in line to ride the Space Shuttle, a 7 second dragster, or anything that is cool. And don't get down on someone because they want to pose. I pose next to a KX 250 two or three times a week. Keeps me sane, that is how some of us prefer to blow off the daily grind.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 03:14 AM   #5
IceWorm
Registered Member

Ya don't have to be an idiot to die on a motorcycle. Ask Joe Dunlop, oops you can't, he's dead. Remember many of the best riders on the track don't even ride on the street. Slow down on the street or you will pay the price eventually.
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 03:21 AM   #6
CBRBrutha
Registered Member

I have to agree with the guy that talked about the '91 F2 and beating most new 600's out there. This is true, and more...I have taken my '99 F4 and beat new 929's piped and Dynojet programmed and every other thing you can imagine (they may have even had titanium muffler bearings). The amount of enjoyment you get on any given motorcycle is solely reliant on your skill level. I can take a Ninja 250 out and wack guys on 600's. Likewise an old ZX6e and wack guys on liter bikes. It's all in how you ride. My $.02: Get some good track time, or GREAT training somewhere, and it doesn't matter what kind of sportbike you ride. You'll be safer, fast, and enjoy yourself.
CBRBrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 03:45 AM   #7
BurningSquid
Founding Member

Yes...since Yamaha won the WORLD Supersport Championship
BurningSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 04:44 AM   #8
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

The key word you mentioned was AFTERMARKET. They are free to do anything they want, and the legal implications are up to the owner. The manufacturers aren't as lucky.
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 05:25 AM   #9
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default No way

For the average privateer the honda is not the best choice. The r6 and gsxr make better starting platforms. For the average squid/ doner the cbr is more comefie, handles ok for street use, and is dependable.

There are only a hand full of guys that race. That is why honda doesn't market to the racer. If they win races with their factory teem it makes people want to buy their bikes.

Let the slam fest begin.
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 05:35 AM   #10
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default way to go

Am I a poser if some one else is faster than me?

Am I a Poser if I don't have the same bike as you?

Am I a poser if I don't do stand-up-104mph-haironfire-wheelies on the street?

Is my girl friend a poser because I convinced her to wear my one peice leathers and a bikini top next to my race bike?(only because I couldn't convince her to do it naked)

What the heck is a poser? Who is a poser? Is it not ok for some one to have some thing because it makes them feel good?
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote