Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 05-09-2003, 04:24 PM   #1
kimjabomb
Founding Member

Default Re: Yet another bike we don't get, 250cc Honda motard

First Post?!?!

Man, can you say fun? What's the deal with trying to import one of those, or any domestically unavailable model? Is it too much hassle to deal with?
kimjabomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: Yet another bike we don't get, 250cc Honda motard

I have a Road King that would love to share time with something like this. Any idea if they will eventually come here, the cost, or anything like it state side?
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:18 PM   #3
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Default CR450F... it will be mine, oh yes... it will be mine...

OK, Somebody please back me up on this one. The bike I have wet dreams about at night: 2003 CR450F, 17 inchers with Metzy rennsports, loud ass pipe, little bitty headlight, flush-mount signals, and a license plate. I emplore anyone to tell me what could possibly be more fun in town?

OK, so this is just my own little dream bike, but ya gotta admit, don't this sound neat? And hey, this kinda thing ain't hard to do at all, and it won't cost hardly anything. Too bad I have no money.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:31 PM   #4
Gabe
Registered Member

Default GET PROFOUNDLY MOTARDED

I've been taking Mr. Allcaps with me to the Stockton Motorplex with Rocket Ranch racing and cruising the go-kart track with our Derbi 50cc motards- fun, fun, fun!!!

Check us out at www.rocket-ranch.com!

Gabe

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:51 PM   #5
The_People
Founding Member

Default Re: CR450F... it will be mine, oh yes... it will be mine...

You've been heard! The Yamaha WR450F would be probably be the better choice. Although a bit heavier it already has the headlight, plus a wide ratio transmission for higher top speeds. It also has electric start. A Baja Conversions' Dual Sport kit is only a phone call away, too, to make it street legal-enough. Would be a sweet canyon/hooligan bike. Having White Brothers lower the suspension would make its' pavement manners quite nice. (I think there's a story for MO in there someplace, hint hint -- JB are you listening??? Hell, you could put Sean's big ass on the thing and then race the new AMA MOtard series....)

As for you having no money, in the immortal words of Ted Knight, "The world needs ditch diggers, too."

-The People
Old 05-09-2003, 10:16 PM   #6
sketch15
Founding Member

Default Big Deal.....

Why would you want a 300 lb 250cc bike. Sounds like a dog to me.

sketch
Old 05-10-2003, 04:41 AM   #7
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default I like it

Perfect for heading over to Gold's on or the grocery store. Every trip an adventure in fun. I'll bet the mpg's are real high too. Looks like the type of bike that beginners could learn on at learn to love motorcycling taboot.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:49 AM   #8
rsheidler
Founding Member

I was thinkin of startin with a Suzuki DRZ400S (I think that is the street-legal version) with the 17s etc. Shouldn't be too hard to swap back to the dirt wheels/tires for off road use as well. That saves the fight with the DMV over trying to slip the Baja conversion through. (obviously, how hard that is depends on what state you live in)
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 08:08 AM   #9
sjriott
Founding Member

Get on www.thumpertalk.com and check them out. There's a bunch of guys who have already done this to their CRF's, DR's, DRZ's, WR's, and KTM's. One guy here in Colorado has had issues grinding the pegs off his YZ he's leaned over so far.

They are badass and many times the guys include mpeg shorts of them tearing it up. It's wild.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:11 AM   #10
sjriott
Founding Member

Default Re: Big Deal.....

Dry weight is 120 kg = 264 lbs.