Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 04-22-2003, 05:48 PM   #11
RONMAN
Founding Member

Default Re: VTX 1300 test please

Well, some people enjoy (and spend a lot of time) cooking, therefore requiring the knowledge that comes from actually testing DIFFERENT stoves. And...SOME people are open to the fact that their type of bike is not the ONLY type of bike out there. There is actually this thing called opinion (MOpinion, if you will...ha). Everyone has one, and there is a bike out there to suit anyone's.

Ron
RONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2003, 05:56 PM   #12
maxriderdon
Founding Member

SV650? Cruiser? A V-twin does not a cruiser make. There are 1,2,3,4,6,and 8 piston cruisers. Cruisers do not have sportbike frames and ergos. Some say the max is not a cruiser. That's because they are jelous and want the max disqualified so they have some sort of chance. Simply put the max is the power cruiser all others love to hate. Just go to the V-rods group on Yahoo. Even when a V-rod owner mentions the max it makes others on the group mad.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:51 PM   #13
Betamax
Founding Member

I recently rode a VTX 1300 and was impressed with the power. If you want a big rumbling V-Twin, then it's a good buy.

The tranny is like buttah, and I got used to the heel-toe shifter in no time at all. Very nice.

But, compared to your Ninja, the 1300 handles like a beached whale. And the floorboards reduce cornering ability even more. Are you really prepared for that different a ride? You should probably test-ride a few cruisers before you buy one, if you haven't already.

But, if you really have your *****-whipped heart set on a cruiser, take a look at the Kawasaki Mean Streak instead. It has similar power and corners much better. Heck, it even has a tachometer, like a real motorcycle....
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 12:40 AM   #14
layback
Founding Member

I don't know how you can go from a sportbike to a cruiser, but that is only my humble opinion. Why not switch to a naked/standard type bike, if your "new" wife looks at some of them, maybe she won't think they are so dangerous.
layback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 07:01 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/ has a series of upgrades they did on the Mean Streak. Certainly it makes a more tempting package than many of the other large cruisers with the dragging floorboards problem.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:08 AM   #16
RONMAN
Founding Member

...the same way someone can like both the Ferrari F355 AND the Mercedes C class. Two cars with totally different styles, ride, and handling characteristics! One is fast, and colorful, with sharp lines and is REALLY fast. The other is very sofisticated and plush, with an emphasis on rider comfort and style. See...?
Old 04-23-2003, 09:21 AM   #17
RONMAN
Founding Member

*****- whipped, huh??? Funny! Hey, thanks for the input. I have looked at the Mean Streak, as well, and it just doesn't do it for me. I wish the VTX performed like the Meanie, but for now, I like the VTX's mix of style/power.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:23 AM   #18
RONMAN
Founding Member

DEFINITELY would like to see them compared together, EVEN it they aren't really comparable!

Ron
Old 04-23-2003, 10:46 AM   #19
sqidbait
Founding Member

Ah, but an SV650 running joke it does make...

-- Michael

sqidbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 12:27 PM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah. About the same excitment as yet another test of this year's 600s.