Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Honda News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/)
-   -   CB 1300: another cool bike that won't be coming to the USA (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/1774-cb-1300-another-cool-bike-wont-coming-usa.html)

captainwhoopass 04-14-2003 06:38 AM

Re: CB 1300: another cool bike that won't be coming to the USA

Yes, and that's the greatest thing about that bike. If you want one, you can get it through their order program. That way, they exactly satisfy demand and there isn't an excess of bikes on the market, which increased the resale value.

captainwhoopass 04-14-2003 06:40 AM

Re: More evidence that Sport V-Twins days are numbered. Ducati to market V-4

Blah, blah, blah more random speculation from king jackass. We'll probably see this one about the same time as that new V-Max he's been predicting for the last five years.

HLJjr 04-14-2003 06:55 AM

I've spent a number of my 20+ years of being an avid enthusiast owning sport bikes, such as a TL-1000S and a ZX6R. I've recently bought the one bike that stands out as the most comfortable, best all-around ride of all of the 16 bikes before it. A left-over '02 ZRX-1200 in "arrest-me" red.

As I all-too radiply approach middle age, I derive little pleasure out the racer-boy crouch and the aching wrists. So, I get the couch-like comfort and plenty-o-ponies for the horsepressure junkie in me. How often to most folks ride on the track anyway?

Bring on the "standards".

rsheidler 04-14-2003 07:18 AM

All very good points. In addition, there is the up-front cost of getting the bike certified for sale in the US (and also for California, unless they wanna forgo that market) which is not insignificant.

seruzawa 04-14-2003 07:31 AM

Re: More evidence that Sport V-Twins days are numbered. Ducati to market V-4

Heh heh. He got you too!

Another victim sucked into the Circular Logic Universe of KPaulKook (CLUK).

rsheidler 04-14-2003 07:33 AM

Sounds like what a lot of us are asking for is for the Japanese manufacturers to start with one of the existing open-class sportbikes, remove the fairing, fit higher bars and maybe move the footpegs a bit, tune the engine for a bit more midrange, without softening the top end too much. Might need to tweak geometry just a bit to compensate for the change in weight distribution and steering leverage. Basically what Aprilia has done with the Tuono, or one of the water-cooled Ducati Monsters.

Seems that most of the Japanese naked bikes are de-contented, with lower-tech frames, cheaper suspension components and lots of extra weight. I assume that their market research indicates this is what the customers really want.

seruzawa 04-14-2003 07:35 AM

But how will you continue to look "cool"?

Around here the "cool" look is wearing T-shirt and ballcap on a CBR600 or clone. It must be. I see so many.

captainwhoopass 04-14-2003 08:17 AM

That's pretty good...

quasi_d 04-14-2003 08:20 AM

I want it here too.

captainwhoopass 04-14-2003 09:05 AM

Why?