Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 09-12-2002, 11:38 AM   #1
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 Honda?

Oh, Lawd! First the freakin' gorgeous new ZX-6R, than the drool-inspiring new R6, and now THIS???

What I wouldn't give to be 24 again, feeling immortal, with a 32" waist!

I envy the ***** outta' you young whipper-snappers!
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2002, 11:46 AM   #2
DJS
Founding Member

Yeah but I'll bet the insurance on a 24 year old on this machine would be about 50% of MSRP per year. It's life's cruel joke, when you have the time and ability, you don't have the money. When you get the money you're too busy working and having a family. When you get done working and finally have the cash for 60 year old spine can't take the torture rack ergos.

David

DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:53 AM   #3
DJS
Founding Member

Default 8 new models?

C'mon Honda's already completely overhauled the ST and the VFR and the 954 so there's no way they're getting more than BNG (bold new graphics). the CBR600 is one, the 919 is supposed to be getting a windscreen, that's two.

Wonder if they're finally updating the superhawk? Should be interesting to say the least.

Now stuff that injected RC51 motor into a naked frame and steal the thunder from the much anticipated SV1000.

David

DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:53 AM   #4
DucButt
Founding Member

Unless you're an idiot 42 year old like me who runs 50 mile trail races for fun - makes the torture rack ergos seem comfy!
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 12:12 PM   #5
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Poor Ex-Replica Owners

All you guys with F2-4is are now orphans. Life's just not fair.

This offering is nourishing food for thought for all the "racing improves the breed" doubters out there.

Almost 3 extra inches of fore-and-aft weight transfer and probably like 3 effective inches lower CG! I sure want to see the next track test of this bike. Should be pretty close to the 954RR on the road and better at the track, actually; surely 125 shaft hp? And hey, Rossi looks really comfortable out there for 60 miles at a time.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 12:42 PM   #6
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

The new Yamaha R6, Honda F4RR or whatever, and Kawasaki ZX-6R are the most exciting bikes to hit this class since 1998. Given that it's the most exciting class of motorcycles going, that's something.

I just joined the ranks of 600 owners, though I bought a less-than-cutting-edge 600, a silver '03 YZF600R because I'm a fat old mouth breather who's into self pleasure to such a degree that he values comfort over performance. But even my old cow of a 600 is incredible fun. Given how good that old design is, this new crop of 600s should be unbelievable.

I don't know if I'd buy once, since I already have a 600, but when Yamaha adopts its aluminum casting technology to the R1, I might consider a two-sportbike garage. (Or if Honda updates the Superhawk...or if Suzuki doesn't screw the pooch and use crap suspension on the SV1000...or if Kawasaki makes the ZX-9R into the mother of all sport-tourers...)

I'm sure some of the new '03 models will disappoint, as did Honda's 954, 919 and Interceptor last year, but overall, things just keep getting better and better. If I didn't measure my life in coffee spoons, I might be tempted to use an exclaimation point.

Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 01:02 PM   #7
12er
Founding Member

Congrats on your new purchase. The 600R is quite possibly the best 600 for the street and a pretty good bargain too. Comfy and way too much fun, enjoy!

Now this new Honda just made me forget that they released the info on the new R what? Six or something? This is the year for 600 shootouts, bring em on!
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 02:10 PM   #8
Huss
Founding Member

Default Subscription errors!

Off topic I know, but I keep getting emails notifying me that I have registered but not paid for subscription. I paid last December for what i assumed was one year. Is anyone else getting this? I already responded to MO's emails but they have not replied.....Is anyone home?....

Oh yeah, sweet bikes!
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 02:53 PM   #9
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: '03 Honda? Oh baby but Kawa and R6 look better

I just hope the seat is softer than 02 model. Like the cleaner looks around the headlights and airintake (no more weird shaped inlets) Hope we will get a good slection of colors. But the racer boy graphics remain. I think Yamaha and Kawa are ahead of Honda on the styling though.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 02:55 PM   #10
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Not one, but two

Read again. The CBR600RR is a brand new model replacing nothing. The CBR600F.. continues as is in different forms around the world.

I'll be the "all new CBR600F5i" will be a streetier version of the F4i with easier ergos and like saddle bags.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote