Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 02-01-2002, 07:42 AM   #1
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Rossi Signs with Honda

Damn you, Rossi, Honda!!! Well, I guess the dark side is back at it again. Looks like everyone will be setting up to defeat the current champ. But he is fast with a wheelbarrel and some Nikes so no matter what he rides, everyone else has their work cut out for them.

I hope Roberts get's a more capable chariot. Maybe then he can prove he is the best.

1st post!
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2002, 10:15 AM   #2
ciao
Founding Member

Default maybe it's Honda signs with Rossi

The contract dispute they had was about the rights to market and control Rossi's name and personality, rather than money.

I can only hope that it was Honda and not Rossi that capitulated in the end.

There's little advantage to the sport when a multinational conglomerate is able to take over the expression of a racer's unique personality, but it's always refreshing when an individual can bring a company like Honda to its knees.

Schumacher knew what to do when he joined Ferrari - he made it clear that the team would proceed in his image, and by his rules, and not the other way around. Let's see if Rossi did the same with Honda.

ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 01:01 PM   #3
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Hope so!

I think it's overreaching on Honda's part to try to control personality. Is it not enough that Rossi wins championships?!

Sure, if Rossi volunteers to be shaped in whatever image Honda's marketeers require, that's one thing. But what if he values his identity?

Considering that Rossi's discussions with Aprilia were made public, I suspect he used them as bargaining leverage against Honda.

Like you, I hope it was Honda who capitulated.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 03:48 AM   #4
sarnali
Founding Member

I would say Rossi was the one to beat now and if honda has the good sense to turn him loose to ride he can prove it again, Kenny jr. & Kurtis might be faster than me but they both stink I didn't care for thier dad either, king my ass.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 03:49 AM   #5
sarnali
Founding Member

I would say Rossi was the one to beat now and if honda has the good sense to turn him loose to ride he can prove it again, Kenny jr. & Kurtis might be faster than me but they both stink I didn't care for thier dad either, king my ass.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote