Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 09-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
kelvinchen11
Registered Member

Default Help:Tank Grip

Hello guys, I am newbie here.

But I have ridden my CBR600RR 2003 for some years.

Recently, I got a girl and wanted to ride with her. However, it's not safe to put her behind when turning.

I went to website and found this: http://www.tankgrip.be/tankgrip/main.htm(I do not know how to post a picture, so I put the link here)
" I was chatting with my sportbike riding friend and he shared one pet peeve when riding out with ladies. He can actually classify his dates based on how they ride with him. Many of them struggle with riding, not clasping his waist tight enough, and aren’t too cooperative enough to “roll” with him when turning. And nothing seems to piss him off since, I guess, he loves riding more than them.
Still, here’s a contraption that I’ll be recommending to him, for both his benefit and his date’s. TankGrip is a fuel-tank mounted handles designed to be available for sportbike passengers. So no more unsteady hands around waists (nothing will be more embarrassing than your date falling off your bike, right?) though you still get that “embrace” feeling because of the layout.
Tankgrip is an entirely handmade shell with integrated handles that can be fitted simply and quickly to a motorcycle a€ s petrol tank. The shell can be made from polyester or carbon fibre, depending on the customera€ s preference. Tankgrip is always altered to suit the make of bike so that it creates a single streamlined unit.

Well, if you ask me, this is one innovative product over that bike canopy we’ve featured a week ago.
"
So, I am wondering anyone here have used it? Or what do you think of it? As it's not cheap and I need buy it from Belgium.

thanks
kelvinchen11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2008, 04:31 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Thankfully this isn't a fake post that shamefully markets a lame product. That would be bad.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:55 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

And Klazy Ken Seminars only done for benefit of mankind!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I have an exceptionally large schlonger so the girls usually wrap both hands around that to hang on, this also explains why I don't give guys a ride on my bike.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 09-18-2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Fixed! back again
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

The safest way to carry a pasenger is to have them hold on to your belt, and lean the same way you do at the same time. Either that, or have a giant luggage rack they can hold on to. How are they going to reach around the rider to grab some handles on the tank? Doesn't make much sense....
Old 09-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #6
pushrod
Founding Member

Not to mention the problem of having something else in front of you to get mangled on if you run into something.

'Moobs'! HAR! That one tickled me almost as much as 'Ginch'.

For anyone halfway serious about such a goofy contraption, try to teach your pillion how to ride. Tell them to look into the turn, just like you do. And, teach them not to flop around. It also helps if they stay awake.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
12er
Founding Member

I tell them to look to the inside of my helmet when in a turn, or if that cant be done to sit there like a sack of potatoes (had a couple that wanted to sit up in the turn, had to pull over and have a talk). There was a "buddy belt" being marketed many years back, which was a nylon belt with two loop handles on the back for a passenger to grab onto you with. Now I have a easily removable backrest so its kinda moot. Still passengers always just grabbed onto the grab rails, as my stich doesnt have a belt and like Sarnali my "shed over my tool" would be a bit of a stretch. Though the Ducati Two up that Randy rides at the GP's has handles on the tank.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinchen11 View Post
(I do not know how to post a picture, so I put the link here)
And, apparently, you don't know how to post a link, either.

Excellent marketing campaign, by the way. I'm sure your business plan is just as well thought out.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Still passengers always just grabbed onto the grab rails, as my stich doesnt have a belt and like Sarnali my "shed over my tool" would be a bit of a stretch. Though the Ducati Two up that Randy rides at the GP's has handles on the tank.

That ain't no shed bubba, that's a fuel tank for the luuuve machine......

Ask sachi...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote