Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 01-23-2002, 05:31 AM   #21
LCC
Founding Member

Default Re: Brake Tech Reader Feedback

In reviewing the comments you made on the brake pad article, I noticed that you put the kevlar (I assume Goodridge?) on your 9R. I have cooked the stock pads and want to go ahead and install new pads as well as brake lines. Have not found steel braided for the 2000 9R but Goodridge does make the cool blue kevlar. What pads and fluid are you using and how did the job turn out? Are you pleased? Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks.
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2002, 07:56 AM   #22
bip
Founding Member

The lever for my brakes also had that problem. It was fixed by simply spraying some WD-40 into the area where the metal from the lever makes contact with... well, the black spongy thingy Hope that helps.
bip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 04:54 PM   #23
jck22903
Founding Member

Just a *touch* of anti-seize works very well as a caliper slider lubricant, though I imagine that high-temp grease would work well too.
jck22903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #24
TLtorq58
Founding Member

I changed front tire on my TL1000R. My brakes seem to be grabbing a bit on the rotors now. I think taking the calipers off and spraying brake cleaner in them might work and I'll try that first but I'd say the calipers need to be taken completely apart and cleaned putting new o rings, dust and piston seals after cleaning. First, I'm going to just take calipers off and spray them to see if that will make the pistons move smoothly which they are not doing now. Perhaps you have the same problem? I'll check mine out and report back on what I found.
TLtorq58 is offline   Reply With Quote