Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
Matt Acheson
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 7
Default

Yeah, great call, you're right, the Suzuki DL650 V-Strom does do everything i need it to.... BUT IT'S JUST SO UGLY!! No? Am i wrong? Maybe i'm talking out of turn here, with little or no mid-big size bike experience, maybe i should show it some respect... (sorry if i've offended anyone who loves its styling) but it does look a little gawky! I don't want to be all style and no substance... but a little bit of style would be nice!!
Matt Acheson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
grampa544
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1
Default

I thought I read someplace that you had to stay under a certain cc size in England for the first year or so. 250cc's comes to mind. Am I wrong on that?
grampa544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:47 PM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Acheson View Post
Yeah, great call, you're right, the Suzuki DL650 V-Strom does do everything i need it to.... BUT IT'S JUST SO UGLY!! No? Am i wrong? Maybe i'm talking out of turn here, with little or no mid-big size bike experience, maybe i should show it some respect... (sorry if i've offended anyone who loves its styling) but it does look a little gawky! I don't want to be all style and no substance... but a little bit of style would be nice!!
Being the proud owner of a VStrom 1000, I'm deeply offended by your callous remark. By way of comparison, I invite you to consider the vagina. It's hardly one of the most elegant of God's creations, yet it provides endless entertainment, invaluable productivity, and surely, we would all be lost without them.

Something to think about.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #24
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator
 
sachiwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,609
Default

Good grief . . . what next.
__________________
Frappé LaRue
*Safety Queen*
Are you a Rounder?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #25
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Being the proud owner of a VStrom 1000, I'm deeply offended by your callous remark. By way of comparison, I invite you to consider the vagina. It's hardly one of the most elegant of God's creations, yet it provides endless entertainment, invaluable productivity, and surely, we would all be lost without them.

Something to think about.
It's not his fault you have no taste. That hole Beauty in the eye of the beholder thing..... Whew, that's sometimes over rated. Sometimes beauty is only skin deep.

Really, I like DLs, too. Ugly duckling thing I guess. I'll trade looks for function in almost everything except women. They never function as advertised anyway. Sorry Sachi
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #26
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
"hole Beauty"
The fun never stops at Motorcycle.com!
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #27
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
The fun never stops at Motorcycle.com!
Caught that did ya? A little over the top or was I just inside the boundry?
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #28
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Good grief . . . what next.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kyf_3gizO2w

Tha'll prolly l'arn ya's ta ax a questshun lak dat!
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 02-22-2008 at 08:58 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:46 AM   #29
Matt Acheson
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa544 View Post
I thought I read someplace that you had to stay under a certain cc size in England for the first year or so. 250cc's comes to mind. Am I wrong on that?
Not if you're over 21 and do your full Direct Access license...
Matt Acheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:53 AM   #30
sfcdjevans
Registered Member
 
sfcdjevans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 43.47N-76.48W
Posts: 956
Default

Ok I'm going to get my coffee now. There's no going back now, the day has begun.

The display mode on this thread has never worked for me..... No read latest post or unread whatever either. Hopefully this is an aberration.

Last edited by sfcdjevans : 02-24-2008 at 04:56 AM.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off