Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   Leather suit woes! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/4508-leather-suit-woes.html)

sachiwilson 05-17-2007 10:12 AM

Re: Leather suit woes!

Where do you live; what sort of climate do you ride in; what size are you; what sort of riding do you do?

Good grief, man.

zenjim 05-17-2007 10:13 AM

What everyone needs to know first:

What are you using them for? Spririted riding, track riding, trip to Starbucks to hang out, etc.

And first.

zenjim 05-17-2007 10:14 AM

Second. Damn!

sachiwilson 05-17-2007 10:15 AM

Ha!

kanani 05-17-2007 11:11 AM

i like my stich, thank you very much.

Kenneth_Moore 05-17-2007 11:22 AM

Do people really buy used leathers? If so, what is their average household income?

sarnali2 05-17-2007 11:36 AM

If you're "American sized", please in the name of God, don't get tight leathers, trust me on this, eh?........

For this climate in the PNW an Aerostitch is a much better option than leathers if you ride full time. So far I've been comfy in my two piece Darian suit from 30's and mixed rain and snow to sunny and 80's, can't beat that with a stick.

longride 05-17-2007 11:41 AM

I don't have a Power Ranger suit, but I keep a couple conundrums in my wallet for any chance babe pickups at the local watering hole.

findangle 05-17-2007 11:42 AM

this is a good topic.. i would really like some advice as well..

i ride a small island with twisty roads, bad potholes, and off-camber turns. the climate here is tropical. it rains almost daily in the rain season but never for more then 15 20 mins at a time.. temperature is between 80F-100F all year round.

mostly you see brain buckets with shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops (unsecured sandals).

so far i bought an open face helm (i didnt think i'd be able to take a closed face helmet in 100f traffic.)

som joe rocket gloves.

and a 10 year old (in new condition) HD cruiser jacket..

i was thinking about getting some of the less garrish and more vented MX boots and once of those nifty troy lee speed jackets.. the mesh ones meant for supermoto with all the padding.. and mesh.. mesh is good.

no idea what to do for pants.. i want protection but its gotta be convenient to take off/put on and nothing thats gonna be too hot in this climate.

i also don't want to have an entire wardrobe sitting on my bike when i park it.

fugusaurus 05-17-2007 11:45 AM

Skin suit

1. Buy a codpiece, that'll protect the stuff that matters.

2. Use Novocaine when perforating.

3. Don't go Lorena Bobbitt, she has the unkindest cut.

4. Ridden hard and left wet.

5. Just like I said, ridden hard and left wet