Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #61
ksquid
Banned

Default kpaul sez

The V in V-4 is for Victory.. Trust me an new 800 cc V-4 Interceptor is on its way. Lighter, faster, a MotoGP bike for the street and it will blow the competition away. Suzuki will make an GSXR-800, Kawasaki will make a ZX8R and a Yamaha R8.. It's coming and kpaul predicted.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 PM   #62
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Re: VFR or ZX-14?

Try something a little different. The Moto Guzzi Norge 1200. I checked one out at the dealership yesterday. Looks good to me. Love that shaft drive. Check out the test MO did on this bike.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #63
Nu1819
Registered Member

Default Re: kpaul sez

are you serious about the new VFR, I thought this was going to be the last year. Anyway I have a 04 VFR, 06 zx6r, 06 zx10r plus several harleys and my riding buddy has a zx14. To tell you the truth the VFR is the most fun to ride on the street. I love the smooth V-4 power. (power commander will clean up the vtec hit) There is a reason moto gp use V-4 and V-5 motors. You dont need 160 + hp to have a good time. coming off the 650 i think the VFR would be a great choice. My 10 and Toms 14 are so fast its hard to really ride them without getting tossed in jail. My 10 will pull 110 mph in first gear thats crazy. get a 05/06 VFR, add the bags and you have the perfect all around bike. I love mine
Nu1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #64
lampell
Registered Member

Ok I have owned over 40 bikes in just the last 10 years alone. If you are over 5 foot 10 inches tall you should go with a 2007 Triumph Tiger. More comfortable than a VFR, will outhandle it and has a better sound. The Tiger is my 11th Triumph since 1995. Of course you won't buy one cause you will get 4000 more suggestions. Test ride one. No I don't work for Triumph.
lampell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:55 AM   #65
Arrow
Registered Member

I am the owner of a 04 VFR (red) and I love it to bits. The VTEC transition will get better with mileage so you shouldn't concern yourself too much with it. The low rpm fuelling (it's a bit snatchy as it is but by no means rough) can also be improved by PCIII and/or other means. For more information you can always refer to the www.vfrdiscussion.com.

If I were in your position though, I'd go for the ZX14. It has more power, better brakes (sans ABS, although I think it will be available soon in the US) same weight, smoother fuel injection and as far as I can see

better suspension. The (suspension)adjustment choices on the VFR is pathetic. Granted the base suspension is good but the only preload adjustment we get in the rear are "soft" and "hard". The rear spring preload on ABS models is a rotary knob right by the right passenger footpeg so it is a lot more easier to reach than on ZX14. But there is no adjusment in the front except spring preload.

I haven't been able to ride a ZX14 (unfortunately) but I sat on one and was amazed at the weight (or lack of). It feels the same as my VFR even though it is almost twice the capacity and the seat felt really nice. The passenger seat looked great as well. As far as I could tell, the detailing and quality of materials was on par with the VFR's. The gauges looked very cool too.

The drawback of owning the ZX would be to pay for the extra insurance and rear tires. If you can put up that, I'd say go for it.
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:41 AM   #66
anrajala
Founding Member

Yes get that 1400. One day youÂ’ll meet someone on a VFR and youÂ’ll think "who is that loser on that POS"

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 AM   #67
seruzawa
The Toad

Take a lesson from Jackoffson. Just call everyone hebes and kikes. Apparently that's completely acceptable judging from the reactions of the same people who are after the boring irrelevant idiot Imus.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 AM   #68
seruzawa
The Toad

Innocent. No way. The accusations were "inaccurate but true". It's the Rather Factor. They are still guilty of centuries of oppression and institutional racism the only cure for which is for the govt to cut huge checks for everyone whose ancestors were oppressed... even checks for certain people whose ancestors came over from New Caledonia 20 years ago.

Their parents probably voted for Bush so anything that happens to them is okay under our current state of national mob rule.

You apparently haven't been listening to the Great Congregationless Al Sharpton .
Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 AM   #69
JmalB
Premium Member

Where the hell is my check then?
JmalB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:03 AM   #70
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Usually gets you a knee in the groin if you use that one.