Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   VFR or ZX-14? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/4428-vfr-zx-14-a.html)

tripleripple 04-12-2007 11:16 AM

Re: VFR or ZX-14?

You are smitten with that Concours...does your current bike know about this??

seruzawa 04-12-2007 11:18 AM

Re: In defense of the VFR

The VFR is quite a nice bike, even though I love to make fun of it. The main downside to it is the Honda overpricing. Bring it down $1.5K and it starts to look like a better. $10.6K is just too much. Especially since the new Bandit is under $8.4K.

SmokeU 04-12-2007 11:19 AM

Shh...my current bike *is* a Concours.

tripleripple 04-12-2007 11:24 AM

I know...it's like talking about getting a puppy in front of the old hound.

HelterSkelter 04-12-2007 11:36 AM

My ZX-14 rocks

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking about a ZX-14 for sport touring duties.

Anyhoo, I bought one and can tell you that it is possibly the most sorted bike right out of the box I've ever owned. It's comfortable, maneuverable (not quite flickable) and is a total *****cat.

For a 176rwhp super bike the power is totally controllable and predictable. You can putt around and reach warp speeds with the same ease. I use mine as a daily commuter and have no complaints. It's a little on the thirsty side, but I'm sure that's because it's not broken in yet, well that and because it's so much damned fun to wind out.

Get it you won't be disappointed.

HelterSkelter 04-12-2007 11:43 AM

Mine is a great commuter bike. Significantly better than my Ducati MS4r infact. IMO it's got to be the greatest allround street bike ever made.

Dare I say it should join the hallowed ranks of the SV650 et al!!

SmokeU 04-12-2007 11:47 AM

Except when I say Concours I don't mean the 14, I mean the old one. :-)

I get what you're saying, but my Concours probably won't get sold until it dies since it's not worth crap.

Whatmough 04-12-2007 11:55 AM

I test rode one and loved it. Good choice a little tall for the short of stature, especially with luggage.

Kenneth_Moore 04-12-2007 12:27 PM

I never wanted to get off my 02 VFR. There's a great article on the history of the VFR over the last 20 some years in this month's Motorcyclist. A great read. Built to be Honda's flagship bike and technology showcase, it's utterly refined and unbelievably fun to ride. This year there's an anniversary edition out in Red, White and Blue, if you're in to that. I like it in Honda red. With the Cavigi bags it's a terrific (for one) sport-tourer. If you liked your '94, I'm sure you'd love an 07! The price isn't bad, either.

longride 04-12-2007 12:37 PM

"Dare I say it should join the hallowed ranks of the SV650 et al!!"

If you say that again you are in for the Imus treatment for sure. To blasphemy one of the Holy Trinity will not be tolerated!