Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   VFR or ZX-14? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/4428-vfr-zx-14-a.html)

longride 04-12-2007 09:25 AM

Re: VFR or ZX-14?

Are you starting trouble again? Look what you did to the last thread!

sarnali2 04-12-2007 09:36 AM

It was like that when I found it.....

ewok1 04-12-2007 09:47 AM

In defense of the VFR

I own a 2005 VFR. I love it. I have never ridden a zx 14 but i did sit on one. It sat great.

I am not offended by the comments here opposing the Viffer. They are fact for the most part.

Still the VFR is not just a good bike, it's a great bike. It handles well and for what it is, has good suspension. The V4 probably isn't a cure for cancer as it seems to be in some folks thinking, but it does work well.

The motor is a delight. Granted the v-tec is not a blessing, but it's not much of a curse either as it is both not that bad and easy to ride around. The linked brakes I could also do without, but the bike stops really well.

What I like the best about the VFR is how forgiving it is. It's just easy to ride. It's soft without being sloppy. The barcalounger of sport bikes. I can ride it all day and I never once think about the bike, just the ride.

Every bike requires some tradeoff. The VFR combines the best sporty handling, comfort, power, build quality and reliability of the many bikes i've been privileged to own and ride. i loved every one of them.

I don't have much emotion over the VFR, its just the one I ride the most. I don't even wash it. As I got off the thing this morning I realized it was just filthy. And its so ugly I don't care.

best regards

ed

p.s. you really can't go wrong with either choice, i'm bettin.

SmokeU 04-12-2007 09:50 AM

Screw those two, get a Concours!

GrisoDG 04-12-2007 10:02 AM

I spent a long time thinking it over last fall and winter. Dreamed of a Griso. Bought the Sprint. The perfect motorcycle. 3 cylinder torque, horsepower, brakes, balls, looks....PERFECT!!!

jkloppie 04-12-2007 10:13 AM

The ZX-14 is a great bike, but the point about commuting is well taken. Have you considered the Bandit 1250? Every review I've read has been very favorable, the ergos are easy, mileage is good, and you get most of the torque starting at 3700 with handling that has been (at leasted according to the reviews) much improved. Oh yeah, and it's cheap.

The_AirHawk 04-12-2007 10:22 AM

You are going to be SO "Imus'd" ......................

rpt 04-12-2007 10:28 AM

search for a '00 or '01 VFR Fi with low milleage.

Can't go wrong.

Reliable, comfortable, high build quality (light years away from ST), economical, no VTEC thingy, and sporty enough for some blasts.

SmokeU 04-12-2007 11:06 AM

I don't think he's a nappy headed ho though.

fumanchu 04-12-2007 11:14 AM

hmm. more refined than an sv650, "nicely ugly," commuter riding position, and a brand name that will help boost your self esteem.

il brutto anatroccolo