Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 04-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #91
lampell
Registered Member

Default Re: VFR or ZX-14?

Gearbox on Tiger is not clunky, the only glitch is it does not go into neutral at a stop light as well as Japanese boxes. Other than that I have never missed a gear. I should say I do not defend bikes, if I do not like them they are gone in 60 seconds
lampell is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #92
invbanking
Registered Member

One more thought: Remember that a new bike, even for an experienced rider like yourself, is much, much, much more dangerous than your old ride probably for several weeks until you get used to it.
invbanking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #93
ValkBandit
Registered Member

before you buy make sure you sit on both. i'm 6' 1" and the ZX has ergos that are more extreme than the VFR. see which one fits you better.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #94
Airfiddler
Founding Member

Let me say up front, I own a VTEC VFR. does this make me biased ? I hope so. Third year of ownership. zero problems. nada. zip. nil.

Fun to ride rating: 10

performance rating: 9.5

cost of ownersip rating :10 (see Ducati, Moto Guzzi, and yes Triumph )

This VTEC thing is blown out of proportion by bikers who don't own the VFR. In everyday use it is seamless. you will be hard pressed to find a more refined, comfortable motorcycle for everyday use. ( I put Heli Bars and a Sargent Seat on mine to make it more comfortable for long hauls.) (over 1000 KM)

I would check your Insurance cost on the ZX14 you may be in for a rude surprise. Remember this cost will hit you year after year after year. All motorcycles are a compromise in some respect, so in the end you should choose a bike that is the best fit for your lifestyle. The VFR puts a smile on my face eveytime I ride it. Yes it's expensive for an 800cc motorcycle. find a leftover from last year and save yourself $1500 to $2000 if money is the most important consideration. I'm sure the ZX14 would put an even bigger smile on my ugly face were I to ride one, but hey I'm perfectly happy now, and besides next year there will always be a faster bigger bike (read new Hayabusa) to ursurp the king of the hill.

choose carefully Obi Wan life is too short to be stuck on a Concours.
Airfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:48 AM   #95
anrajala
Founding Member

I fully support global warming. In ten thousand years, with the onset of the new ice age, Finland will be covered by an ice sheet of 1-2 km and people will live in tunnels like bacteria. Is this what the people want?

America has no such worries. In that time span the Iranians have wiped the entire continent off the map.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #96
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

And you're the only one.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #97
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I had an African American guy tell me that he couldn't be prejudiced because he was the VICTIM of prejudice. He thought it gave him prejudice anti-bodies or something. The other Black folks who heard this thought he was an idiot.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #98
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Makes you wonder who the real Ho is, don't it?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #99
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

11 Triumphs in 12 years? You must be single, very hard on bikes, or you have a problem. A good one maybe, but still, a problem. My guess would be all of the above.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #100
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

My wife don't care about no stinkin constitution.