Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 04-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #31
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: New Bike Recommedation.

All my bikes are slow and can't power wheelie. Couldn't be my fault.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #32
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Sounds like you are the perfect candidate for the new Suzuki Bandit 1250S. It is receiving rave intial reviews. Check out the May issue MOTORCYCLIST magazine and the British mag T.W.O. It is truly all new and the valve adjustment period has been doubled to around 14,000 miles. It is also priced right. The standard model is $8299. It also is available with ABS and it sells for $8799. Suzuki is only charging $500 for ABS instead of the usual grand most manufacturers are charging. Those reviews talk about what great torque the bike has and how vastly improved it's handling is. This is one of the best all around and versatile machines you can buy. It's motor is much stronger than the Yamaha FZ1 and it is much easier to ride. Gotta be the best performance per dollar bike on the market. And the motor & tranny are virtually bullet proof. Hope this helps. Cheers, Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #33
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Voting

Since you have dodgy knees I don't think it is important that you vote at all.

Sport bikes are different than cruisers. Cruisers are different than scooters. All of them share few traits with a camel. Sometimes motorcycles are used for transportation.

I do not know all of uses for a camel. It does seem to me that camels come in both sport and cruiser models. I don't know which is better. I predict they both have limited utility in most of the United States, especially when compared to other forms of transportation. I think a camel is better than an ATV, but even less safe.

I think there are less than 10 camels in Idaho which makes them rare in Idaho, but not many people here seem to care.

I don't know much about safety issues, but I believe it is important to carry a trash bag in your car, if you own a car.

Otherwise I don't care what you ride or what you wear.

Predictably, I don't know what you mean by "prefix an inordinate number of words with the letter "K".
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #34
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Ouch! Antibiotics clear that up?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #35
orcyclist
Founding Member

Krikey, mate.

Kats like you Kould just buy a kewl Kraut Bike like an older BMW r1100 RS or RT. Kids aren’t afraid of ‘em. Kooling by air.oil is well Kooler! And less complicated. I Kruise in konditions kwite like the kwartet you list. Kops seem to ignore them

Cheap Insurance – Komfortable – Krazy reliable (mine has 120,000 KM) and kan keep up with most (usually poorly ridden ) sport bikes. Drives Kids Krazy when I just sit there trailing them in the Kurves. It aint no Kroozer. Kiolls ‘em whne I take off my helmet and they see that I am old enough to be their Grandpa. Kills me too.

How you vote – I don’t care just do so. Lane splitting – kloak yourself in klothign that looks like a Kop (black one piece and white flip-up lelmet) and with a white BMW no one ever gives me Krap. They just move dem Kars over and I continue on..

If I krash it, It is only worth $4000, so I could kash it in and get something elase. Save on insurance koverage too.

Kwik? Kan’t understand what that means – Kwik compared to what? MOtorcycles are Kwik compared to kars.

Safety – learn how to ride – NO, really learn. GO to a great School, Freddie’s, Jason’s Kevin’s, Keigwin – see also Doc Wong. It is way worth it. It is also great fun – and worth the cost if you avoid Krashing only once,

Keep the rubber side down and stay out of the Krud at the edge of the road.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #36
orcyclist
Founding Member

Krikey, mate.

Kats like you Kould just buy a kewl Kraut Bike like an older BMW r1100 RS or RT. Kids aren’t afraid of ‘em. Kooling by air.oil is well Kooler! And less complicated. I Kruise in konditions kwite like the kwartet you list. Kops seem to ignore them

Cheap Insurance – Komfortable – Krazy reliable (mine has 120,000 KM) and kan keep up with most (usually poorly ridden ) sport bikes. Drives Kids Krazy when I just sit there trailing them in the Kurves. It aint no Kroozer. Kiolls ‘em whne I take off my helmet and they see that I am old enough to be their Grandpa. Kills me too.

How you vote – I don’t care just do so. Lane splitting – kloak yourself in klothign that looks like a Kop (black one piece and white flip-up lelmet) and with a white BMW no one ever gives me Krap. They just move dem Kars over and I continue on..

If I krash it, It is only worth $4000, so I could kash it in and get something elase. Save on insurance koverage too.

Kwik? Kan’t understand what that means – Kwik compared to what? MOtorcycles are Kwik compared to kars.

Safety – learn how to ride – NO, really learn. GO to a great School, Freddie’s, Jason’s Kevin’s, Keigwin – see also Doc Wong. It is way worth it. It is also great fun – and worth the cost if you avoid Krashing only once,

Keep the rubber side down and stay out of the Krud at the edge of the road.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #37
connolly_p
Registered Member

Thanks for all the responses, I really wasn't expecting the request to get posted - it was meant to be largely toungue-in-cheek.

Of course, the situation is real - I want a new bike, and I'd love something that satisfies all of the "requirements", but back in the real world, I think I'll go buy a DL650...
connolly_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #38
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Three years? Why, I bet you've so overgrown that bike, they'll have to pry you out of it!

Go buy a MAN'S bike - the biggest, blackest, chromiest Harley you can find. That, or a Goldwing, or Vespa or something...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #39
connolly_p
Registered Member

Just a tad overgrown yes

The first two years I was on licence restrictions - maximum 250cc. It was the best I could get. Then, once I got onto the full licence, my financial position had changed enough that I was happy just having a bike at all.
connolly_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #40
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I bet you could power wheelie a dl650. sv's power wheelie and they're basically the same bike, although the 8 inch difference in wheel base will make it harder. You'd probably have to bounce the front forks pretty hard first.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote