Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 03-20-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Re: Any sportbike comfortable for two people?

Many Honda dealers have left over VFRs that you can get for less than the current 600cc sportbike prices. Maybe not the perfect two up bike, but my wife likes the pillon amenities. Many 600cc bikes put out more horsepower, so it won't scare the crap out of you. The bike is straggeringly easy to ride, and has probably earned more "best streetbike awards" than any other bike out there. I rode one for four years and I'm still sorry I sold it. Many people of good taste ride the VFR. I think Freddie Spencer has one. Read the articles on the VFR on this site.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #2
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

I was gonna suggest you consider a "sport" tourer like the Triumph Sprint ST. The VFR fits a similar niche. Leaning more toward sport or tour depends on how much two up riding (and touring) you plan to do.
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:13 AM   #3
jonnyluck
Registered Member

what is the reference to "Francis" in the movie Stripes?? anyway, my wife loves our Sprint ST. The only other bike she thought was comfortable for us was a 1200 Bandit. Oh yeah, she kinda had a fling with a V Maxx as well, I think it was the V4, not the bike.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:00 AM   #4
Nomadalfa
Registered Member

In India, where i live, all big bikes (apart from the locally made Enfield Bullets) are private imports with no official service and parts support. VFR 750's and 800's are extremely reliable and DURABLE BEYOND EVEN BMW owners' beliefs !!! Also VFR owners are usually more matured (35 +) and married and so pillion usage is frequent - soemthing at which VFR's score - their luggage systems are also very good, making them unbeatable for touring.

The V4 sound is also very distinctive..somewhat burbly like a V8 car engine.

Nomadalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 AM   #5
Loki22302
Founding Member

The Ducati ST series. The '02-05 ST4s will do anything you desire from a sportbike.
Loki22302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 AM   #6
anrajala
Founding Member

In your case I would get a second hand 1000 CBR which is cheap, bomb proof and comfy. Also if you drop it who cares. Same applies to one night stands.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:59 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Is there a nice, reliable, fun and reasonably priced sportbike that is comfortable for two people to ride?"

No. Sportbikes aren't even comfortable for the rider, much less the passenger.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:05 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

End of thread.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:06 AM   #9
bhiley
Founding Member

Comfort is in the eye (in this case buns) of the beholder. I think you could find a large % of passengers who would say that no sportbike is comfortable for the passenger, especially for longer distance or periods of time. You certainly don't want your passenger to ride on a Goldwing and then get on the back of your sportbike for comparison.
bhiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:30 AM   #10
Mooner
Founding Member

Have to agree with above. My wife found my VFR much more comfortable than my SV, but still wasn't really happy. She is a trooper and didn't complain much, but I wouldn't ask her for more than 200 miles because I like her happy. I have found that more upright tends to work better. You will find her leaning on you more as she gets tired, putting considerable pressure on your wrists. Compared to a cruiser, Adventur tourers are pretty darn sporty (plenty sporty for street riding) and work great for two up. Get a cheap used SV for track days and occaisional one up sporty rides. Buy used and you can get both for less than a new sportbike. Two bikes are better than one!
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote