Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   Any sportbike comfortable for two people? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/4368-any-sportbike-comfortable-for-two-people.html)

Kenneth_Moore 03-22-2007 08:29 AM

Re: Any sportbike comfortable for two people?

In Florida, the further North you go, the further South you get.

BrowningBAR 03-22-2007 08:45 AM

That is really accurate...and odd.

schizuki 03-22-2007 09:19 AM

Re: kpaul, the Great Motorcycle Prophet predicts and then it comes true

"Interceptor hasn't been a true sportbike for years. Lame try kzuki... "

Your post didn't say "sportbike", numbnuts. It said "streetbike." And the fact that the Interceptor hasn't been a hardcore sportbike for 20 years illustrates my point about your "V-Fours are the sportbike engine of the future" bleating. They were the engine of the future twenty years ago.

"Don't worry I posted about 6 interesting articles."

Doubtful.

"Hopefully they make through the kbully kfilter."

More proof of what a schizoid numbskull you are. Just days ago you were bragging about how many news items you've posted. Some filtering. Like any good moonbat, you're able to hold two contradictory "facts" at once. Just like your fellow moonbats who constantly bray about how their dissent is being crushed, yet somehow just keep on braying with nary a jackboot to the groin.

schizuki 03-22-2007 09:23 AM

It was a replica racer twenty years ago. What happened? Why did Honda abandon the V-Four with the Hurricane/CBR? It was the perfect engine configuration, right? So why did those idiot Honda engineers go back to the I-4?

[chirp...chirp...chirp...]

seruzawa 03-22-2007 10:32 AM

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less."

How dare you oppose Khumpty?

seruzawa 03-22-2007 10:33 AM

Unfortunately the poor passenger after an hour resembles a sailor who has been tied to a mast during a hurricane.

Holy_Kaw 03-22-2007 08:19 PM

I figured relative "comfort" for one, was all I could add. LR nailed the answer to the two-up question before I got here.

The_AirHawk 03-22-2007 10:31 PM

Re: You get corn.

We all would, but you're the only qualified Pivot Man on MO. And you don't even exist, so that shoots THAT idea in the arse, eh?

JoeBlade 03-22-2007 10:36 PM

No one has brought up the entire naked class of bikes. They will take you down a mountain road as fast as a full on sport bike and be much more comfortable for you and the pillion rider. On the track clip-ons have an advantage, on the street I find I'm faster on a naked, where I sit upright and can look around as well as assume a "Dirt Bike" riding position in the really gnarly stuff.

Plus they can be "adjusted" easily to be biased for sport, and then "re-adjusted" to be biased for comfort.

Depending on how sporting you want to get look at the following (less sporting options are at the top of the list):

Suzi Bandit600s

Suzi Bandit1200s

***Kawi ZRX1200 (flip the eccentrics over, slap on some Ohlins, spring and revalve the fork, drop the fairing, pipe and jet it and then eat sport bikes for lunch). Yes I love mine - best street bike I've owned. Check out www.zrxoa.org for more info!

Older Yamaha FZ1 (Pre 2006)

1996-2005 Triumph Speed Triple

Kawi Z1000

Aprillia Tuono (Pre 2006)

New FZ1

New Triumph Speed Triple (awesome bike)

New Aprillia Tuono R

One of these should meet your needs to split the sportcomfort realm. One last thought is that with a sport bike your wife may no longer want to ride with you! The faster you get the less likely most women are to ride with you on a regular basis!

As you can tell I've modded mine to be very sporting. There are very few people who keep up with me in the mountains around Atlanta, and at track days I regularly run at the front of the intermediate group where the slowest thing about the bike is the rider - me.

The_AirHawk 03-22-2007 10:36 PM

Dude, I spit freakin' Chicken all-over my screen and keyboard!

I might have DIED if I'd been inhaling when I read that!