Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:24 PM   #111
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: kpaul, the Great Motorcycle Prophet predicts and then it comes true

Go look at the specs on a VFR kid.. It's heavy and slow.. It's a ST with the emphasis on S Initially it was a sport-bike never a race bike but it got fat or rather it never lost weight.. Read more about the history of the VFR
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #112
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Any sportbike comfortable for two people?

Well, they need to get their shyte together. I'm paying TWELVE BUCKS A YEAR for this stuff.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #113
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

You gotta quit rating bikes by the numbers. On public roads, a VFR, like the other true Sport-tourers mentioned here, will keep up with any 'true' sportbike because you can only go so fast on public roads. Do you have some kind of glasses that let you see what's around the next bend? You have never found a block of wood, or a patch of gravel, or some fool in a cage coming the other way using part of your lane?

Maybe not. I guarantee you, sooner or later you will. And the last thought that goes through your mind will be something like "I got no margin for safety left--man this is really gonna hurt" At any sane speed, I flat guarantee you ANY of these bikes is way faster than you are.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:15 AM   #114
ksquid
Banned

My point was that the VFR is not a replica racer like a CRBR1000 kpaul predicts that Honda will launch a replica racer with a V-4 engine.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:16 AM   #115
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Sort of!

I grew up in South Florida...which for some reason isn't really considered the South. All the southern jokes seem to stop at about the Georgia border.

Than I spent a few years in AZ and now I'm in PA.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:00 AM   #116
dlhampton
Founding Member

two best options in my opinon are the Yamaha YZF 600R and the Kawasaki ZZR600. I logged thousands of two-up miles on a ZZR600, including several day-long rides. comfortable for both. i have never owned a VFR800, but rented one for a week in Germany a few years back. also an excellent choice.
dlhampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 AM   #117
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Forget about 600's. With 2 people on board you need some low end grunt.

Forget about full on sportbikes. On all the top shelf sportbikes passenger accommodation rated dead last on the designer's priority list.

Look at the Suzuki Bandit 1250, the Yamaha FZ1 or something similar. Both of those bikes are worlds "sportier" than a cruiser and your passenger might feel more comfortable. She might not want to travel across the continent but you can get out there and redefine "cruise" for yourself.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #118
earthspirit60
Registered Member

Hyabusa or ZX14! Anything else is to slow and touring focused or too fast and track focused. Any 1000cc sport bike...I mean REAL sportbike, is not meat to be comfortable. The BMW 1000s might be a choice as well.
earthspirit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:31 AM   #119
earthspirit60
Registered Member

As an owner of a 86, 91,97 VFRs and having ridden the present model, I can say that with the stock seats, they are not comfortable for passengers over 90 pounds. Corbin and Sargent seats change this somewhat, but the VFR has become mission-confused.
earthspirit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #120
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh, c'mon. Only narrowly focused I-4s (and apparently soon V-4s) are sportbikes. Haven't you been following all the decrees from our lord and savior, Kmessiah?

All those old bikes - Manxes, Commandos, Black Shadows, Sportsters, GPZs, R90Ss, Velo Thruxtons, MG V-8s, etc were NOT sportbikes. No sportbikes existed until the 600cc I-4 fully faired bikes appeared.

Mike Hailwood, Bud Ekins and their contemporaries would be surprised to learn that they were posers..... no I-4/V-4s to ride. You can take it from Ksolipsism.