Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 03-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #11
Steve781
Founding Member

Default Re: Track leathers for a Tall Guy?

I feel for you. I am 6'4" and 215 pounds, 44L. I have tried a number of strategies. My current solution is a BMW ProEmotion 2 piece leather suit, used from Ebay. New the price was jaw dropping, used I could afford it. It is a fairly high quality bit of kit, but like all things BMW it does have its quirks.

I would love a Vanson suit. I have a made to measure Vanson jacket that fits very well. Those above speak truth about the break in time though.

I also have another suit I got from ebay, just a bit too tall and big for me. I was about to list and resell it, maybe it is right for you. Contact me off list if interested.
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
HighsideHarry
Founding Member

The only problem I had with my z's was when I lost weight and wanted to have the waist taken in on the pants. They quoted me in the high 100's. That's a lot for an alteration!
HighsideHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:02 PM   #13
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Walk around carrying bags of cement on your shoulders, that should take-care of that height problem.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
Bruno
Registered Member

Default Reviving old top: Tall guy needs track leathers

There was great information on this thread about options for us big guys and it's much appreciated.

I have the opportunity to go to a track day in early April, but just moved and don't have any of my leathers. It won't get here anytime soon and I'm not looking to buy new ($$$$$!). Does anyone out there have any used gear that they are looking to sell? Slightly damaged is okay also as long as the price is comparable.

I'm 6'4", 190 lbs, and a 42. I'm also looking for boots in a size 12, but could use a 13 or 14 if available.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote