Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 03-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default SIDI Vertigo Corsa Boots

I love my SIDI Vertigo Corsa boots.

They are adjustable for the area around the lower leg and the forefoot area and they have great venting.

The only negative thing is they aren't very comfortable walking very far.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
jbourne
Founding Member

Default Re: Sport Touring Boot Question

I've been wearing AlpineStars Web boots through winter (down to -5F on the freeway) and in the wetter days during the fall - they've been pretty good:

http://www.alpinestars.com/Web_Goret.../p/233507.html

I have thin calves, knobbly ankles and narrow feet and I have no complaints - but try them on rather than order them from a catalogue - they will likely be too tight if you order your usual size in them.

jbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

If you don't have some dealerships with boots to try on, go to an AMA roadrace event and pick up some boots from the vendors at the race. That's what I did last year at Laguna Seca.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
jbourne
Founding Member

Oh yeah - they're snug at the top around the calf and they're alright for walking a couple of miles, although I wouldn't want to be pushing a bike that far in them.

I usually get brutal blisters from new boots, but these have been good, even on uneven ground out in the country. They are a little stiff at first, but they do wear in - easily enough movement to operate the shifter, even on a Guzzi.

If you're willing to go with leather, then Red Wing 980s - you can walk all day in those and they're lace ups so no worries with the calf thing.

jbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
skeepee
Registered Member

I'm very happy with my Frey Daytona RoadStar GTX boots. They're armored in the right spots, comfy, and still watertight after 9 years. I faxed an outline of my feet to Helimot and they sent me a perfect-fitting pair of boots. These boots have a good amount of adjustment to tailor to your calf, and are available in narrow widths (wide ones, too).

I've found these boots perfectly comfortable for walking since day 1. But for nearly $400 I wanted to make damn sure I wore them out riding, not walking, so I keep a change of shoes at the office. Sadly the soles have finally worn bald. I've been trying on the Sidis and whatnot that the local shops stock, but haven't found anything I liked nearly as much. I may have to bite the bullet on another pair of RoadStars....
skeepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

I use plain old everyday jump boots. You can get them in a plethora of sizes. They last a decade easily if you buy good ones. I'm on my third pair since I started using them in 1971. They last through a second re-soleing.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I agree. I bought a pair in '96 and I still use them for riding. They do need to be re-soled, though. But they are comfortable.

I have two other pairs that I use for non-riding and a pair of Dr. Martins.

The Docs took forever to break-in and are the least comfortable of the 4 pairs.

I even wrecked in the current pair of jump boots. When everything came to a stop my ankle was pinned under the bike. Barely a scratch on the boots and not even a limp or bruise on the ankle.

I used to use jungle boots when shooting in the AZ desert. I don't know if it was bad luck or just came across crap brands, but those things suck. The soles get eaten up far too quickly.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #8
Fenton
Founding Member

"I use plain old everyday jump boots."

Is that different than the "lay'er down" boot.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #9
priday
Founding Member

Funny, I've got the exact opposite problem, and trust me, it is a problem...

I bought a set of RollerBlades years ago, and they never did fit right. hurt like hell.

Unfortunately, I don't have any insight, but I can offer sympathy.

~Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #10
Fenton
Founding Member

I've got a narrow foot, ankle and focus. I wear the Sidi Vertibre, it has a zipper, velcro and an adjustable calf enclosure.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote