Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Riding Suit Q and A...

That first link doesn't work; it has a bunch of periods in it.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

That said, here's the working link

fieldsheer suit
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Old 02-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Ok, someone needs to post here, so i'll do all the talking.

I don't know about the Cortech suit, and I've never owned exactly this fieldsheer suit, but I have a fieldsheer jacket and fieldsheer pants, and have the following to say:

They fit very well, are comfortable, and the armour seems well placed for me.

The build quality is total crap. Zippers ripped off within days of owning both, lots of seams fell apart, random flaps tore off with almost no force.

They're not waterproof although they were marketed as such.

I still wear the pants though, since I have trouble finding armoured pants that fit me, I'm 6'3 and very thin. They have no front zipper anymore but it doesn't really matter; there's a velcro thing there and the one remaining waist cinch keeps them up. I always wear them over jeans anyway.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #4
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Well first off I wouldn't buy a 1 piece for casual riding/touring, it's too much hassle to get in and out of. Especially if you're getting a synthetic. Two piece suits are more adaptable and user friendly.

I have this >http://www.olympiamotosports.com/airglide/airglide.htm< with the pants which I can highly recommend great value for money.

As for Tour Master, I own thier two piece leather suit and can catagorically say they're the best leathers for the money available anywhere. Tour Master make quality and affordable gear.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

No experiance with TourMaster suits put I have a pair of 15 year old TourMaster gloves that held up very well.

Of course now that I am a total snob / fashion plate in my Aerostitch Darien suit (in tastfull Hi Viz,) I don't mess around with these lower priced suits but I did have pretty good luck with a Joe Rocket Ballistic series.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
gjbedna
Registered Member

Neither one. For everday use an Aerostitch one piece. They fix it, too unlike other brands...are you going to send your suit to Fieldsheer to get it repaired? I think not. Quality made in the USA. I disagree with the comment about the one piece being too awkward...NOT!!

My stitch goes on and off in less than 30 seconds without rushing. I have been down in it too (not bad) and it was like jumping on the bed. I wear it nearly EVERYDAY (in the cold, hot, wind, rain) and it works. Not perfect mind you, but as close as you'll get for a do-it-all suit. It also makes a great play in the snow suit, too. The shoulder armor is great for tackling snowmen. I might as well enjoy the snow if I'm stuck in it for awhile. It can't be THAT much more than the others, and it's worth it.
gjbedna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
SmokeU
Registered Member

If you ride to the Stitch factory you get a discount.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #8
SmokeU
Registered Member

oh yeah, the factory is in Duluth, MN. Which just happens to be about 200 miles NW of me.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #9
maladg
Registered Member

Ditto Rocket stuff - good experience, decent fit and sweet price. That said, my coin jar fund is aimed towards a Darien Light set for me and SWMBO.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #10
12er
Founding Member

Get a stich (roadcrafter), get a two piece if you ride in a lot of rain, one piece if you dont. It may be spendy up front but cheap in the long run. Once you buy one your done, or you can keep buying cheaper cr@p over and over till you end up buying a stich. Out way more than bitting the bullet the first time. Get your spiffy new stich and the only looking back you'll be doing is in your rear view mirrors. Ride safe
12er is offline   Reply With Quote