Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Riding Suit Q and A...

I have worn a Tourmaster Cortech jacket for the last 6 years and it held up great. It's comfortable, warm, and I bet works as well as well as any others.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Off you go then, I like the two piece Darian because the sizing is more ...ummm....generous.. and sometimes I ride in jeans (gasp !!!) and the jacket instead of the full suit. Either way for comfort fit and quality they just can't be beat.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #13
SmokeU
Registered Member

I was thinking of doing a Joe Rocket jacket with the Darien pants.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #14
Gluge
Registered Member

I have a tourmaster / cortech jacket and I used to have the pants...

I zipped them together for racing. The pants didn't last though a single crash though. Granted it was a 120 mph butt slide but I didn't even make it half way off the track before I felt the pavement on my bare ass. Leather just didn't hold up, stiching didn't hold up too well either.

The Jacket on the otherhand seems to be much better - it's survived five crashes now and looks pretty ragged a couple of the zippers are broken now but no real holes in it yet. I retired it as my racing jacket but it's still my street jacket.

I recomend the jacket highly, but not the pants.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #15
Mooner
Founding Member

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but get a 'Stich.

Somehow I knew before even reading any responses that it would lead to that comment. It seems if you wear an Aerostich, and own a VFR, SV650, and Concourse you have everything anybody could possible ask for. Sadly enough I have an Aerostich, an and used to have both an SV650 and a VFR. Luckily I sold the VFR and it wasn't an "older one".
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #16
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Selling a 'newer one' does not automatically result in banishment from the 'cool guys' club, I think. But then I have a crappy old Tour Master, so what do I know?
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #17
ksquid
Banned

I have the Tour Master Pants..[*]Great Quality stuff..[*]Warm and comfy..[*] nice padding.. wish I had been wearing these when I went down..

I have a friend that has the Fieldsheer Highland One-Piece TX Suit.[*] He likes it but he is a weekend only rider.[*]Seems kiind of flimsy to me

For serious riding
[*] I would take sarnali's word as gospel on this stuff.
[*] I know how challenging his commute is i.e. weather and traffic wise.[*]He is a braver and heartier man than I..[*] I think serious folks have to consider the Aerostitch..[*] I like one piece things if they are designed well.[*]My favorite skiing suit was a Helly Hansen thing which I grew out of ... burp..belch...[*]One piecer's flow with your body better when you are doing something active like skiing.[*] Plus for protection they hold together better I would think..[*] [i]Don't see any MotoGP racers wearing 2 piece leathers do ya?[*][b]Come to think about it all those racers wear full-face helmets... hmm that's a discussion for another day.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:00 PM   #18
flatspin
Founding Member

I purchased a Fieldsheer Highland suit about 2 years ago. I had fitting problems with the suit. The crotch was waaaay to low. I returned the suit for a smaller size (twice) but never had the suit fit properly in the crotch, even though it was very obviously too small in all other measurements. I was later told by a dealer that they were going to pull the suit form the US market because of all the returns. He said that apparently European men were built differently than American men (longer torsos and shorter legs), and that the Highlander suitÂ’s proportions were not suited to the American market. I donÂ’t know if I believed him or not, IÂ’d never heard anything about any difference in body proportions before; in any case, I sent the suit back. They might have corrected whatever problem the suit had at the time I bought it, but I thought IÂ’d just let you know. FYI, I found the suit to be very high quality, not quite up to Areostich standards, but at less than half the price I found it to be a great bargain. IÂ’d try it again if they have fixed the fit issues.
flatspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:06 PM   #19
Brent_Meeker
Founding Member

It seems that some people are talking about leathers, but the Tour Master is nylon. Nylon may be comfortable, but I wouldn't trust it in a fall. Not because it can't be strong enough, but because it's much more likely to catch on the pavement and send you tumbling. When you fall it's best to just slide - even though it may wear through your leathers. If you tumble you're likely to break things - like your neck.

Brent_Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #20
Fenton
Founding Member

aerostich, you just don't get it. When are you going to get a real riding suit?
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote