Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 01-05-2007, 10:09 AM   #11
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Is This A Good Purchase?

Two things: I've never owned a ZRX1200, but I did have an '00 1100 and loved that bike. I offered it to my brother who wanted a second bike. After a much thought, he decided to pass.

He did come to regret it.

I replaced the ZRX with an almost three-year-old leftover Daytona 955i (not in a crate, though). It is basically the identical bike to the '04 leftover D555i and the new ones (except mine has the rare and "superior" DSSA) I was looking at. I ended up saving about up to $2500.

I've never regretted it.

Sure, I won't get high used price, but I'm not planning on selling it, even if I decide to buy a new bike.

Check it out throughly but is sounds like it could be a good deal.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #12
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default What is the purchase price?

If the price is right it could be a great purchase.

1. How much are they asking for it?

2. How much are you willing to pay?

3. Where was the bike stored? If this bike sat in a warehouse here in Phoenix Arizona the tires are probably dry rotted and any rubber might be suspect. If in a really humid area such as Louisiana does the bike have any corrosion / flood / water damage? I understand it was in a crate, but, was that crate stored outside, under a shelter or tarp, or inside somewhere?

Also, didn't see anything about the battery mentioned but you can bet that it's shot if it's been sitting there for 4 or 5 years even if it's been in a good environment, ask for a new one or get a new one.

4. Are they going to honor it with a new bike warranty?

5. What are your intentions with this bike? Race bike, commuter bike, weekend only cruise bike, customize bike?

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #13
anrajala
Founding Member

Its a bad deal, run don´t walk. By the way what´s the phone number of that dealer I need some chrome polish

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
03zx12r
Registered Member

Why are you asking these guys? How can it be a good buy if you leave no pricing info? Most of these questions MUST be answered by your dealer - not someone who knows nothing about this particular unit.
03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

Most of us know a lot about the bike except the price. Why does that disqualify us from input on the subject? Just because price isn't mentioned doesn't mean we can give quality advise.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #16
rbitra
Registered Member

aha
rbitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #17
rbitra
Registered Member

Sorry if I didn't make it clear in my posting, but my question is with regard to the wisdom in buying a "new" 5 year old bike than about the price point.
rbitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Barney

I like Deep Purple but I'm more of a Uriah Heep type of guy.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #19
acecycleins
Founding Member

It's completely rational to buy a NEW created bike if the money is right-

I'm the Bus Mgr (Finance guy) at an ATL bike shop- what money are you talking about?

Other than that it's a matter of personal comfort level, but I'll tell you this: It's much better to by a new 5 yr old bike than a used 5 yr old bike- Don't exactly know what you get with the Used bike and you know exactly what you get with the new one. Factory warranty, new everything, probably a sales mgr that will kiss your a$$ for buying the left over and a shop of technicians that get to work on a "not too complicated" motorcycle... you win.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #20
anrajala
Founding Member

Yeah you are right. Its always best to ask the dealer whether the purchase would be good or not.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote