Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 11-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #11
Z3n
Founding Member

Default Re: Time for a Change of Bike?

I don't think you need a new bike...2 out of those 3 accidents could have occured on any motorcycle, and the 3rd one was entirely out of your control. Be a bit more careful in the rain, maybe slow down a bit in the areas that you know have ****ty conditions, and go from there.
Z3n is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #12
SEADOG7624
Founding Member

Jeez, how about a maxi-scooter like the Suzuki Burgman 650??
SEADOG7624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #13
Gritboy
Founding Member

Simple: A Suzuki DL650 with better rubber than the stock (I run Pirelli Scorpion Syncs and they stick like glue and work fine for light trail use -- if that floats your boat). The WeeStrom's sporty and planted enough to have fun, yet with ergos you can enjoy every day.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #14
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

The crashes could and would have occured on a cruiser AND he wouldn't have lived to tell the tale. Those things aren't safe.

tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #15
bmwdude
Founding Member

I own two bikes currently and now have a 118 mile round trip commute. Of my two bikes (999 and K1200RS) the k bike is the one I pick most days. Fast and flickable enough to not be boring, comfortable enough for all day riding. Plus heated grips and an accessary outlet for heated gear. You can even get them with factory cruse control. For my needs, a great commuter bike.
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #16
acecycleins
Founding Member

Moto Guzzi Griso, Triumph Speed III, Ducati Sport 1000, Yamaha Fazer, Suzuki B-King- All are great (except for the fact no one in the US will get to play with the B-King until next year). My fav is the Speed III. Great across the entire rev range.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Here's safe.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #18
BillyO
Registered Member

Wanna go fast, look way cool, sound even better. Look hard at the Ducati 1000Super Sport.

Reliable,fast,and class.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #19
minglet
Registered Member

You need to simply slow down and realize that the public roads are not a race track. Get yourself to a track day and maybe have a track dedicated bike like your GSX-R750. Maybe get an SV650 for in-town sensibility and it handles too. You are simply a fast rider riding on public roads and the solution is to slow down and realize that the public road will not provide the safety margin necessary to do the speeds indicated. I've learned this lesson and now have a dedicated Honda 600 track bike and a street bike. Either way, you will find a way to ride a slow bike fast on public roads so its you and not the bike. You the rider need to recognize the public roads and the race track are two different environments which require different a approach to safety and common sense. Good luck.
minglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #20
2slo
Registered Member

I'll second the wee-strom suggestion. I commuted 26,000 miles in the first year on my '03 Speed Triple. Now I'm on the DL650 and it is a better commuter. I put a trunk on it which I would never do to the Triumph and my wife likes it much better too for two up riding. For track days I'm thinking about a used gsxr 600/750...

2slo
2slo is offline   Reply With Quote