Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   Which Supermoto? (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/3855-supermoto.html)

ducatirdr 08-28-2006 05:05 AM

Re: Which Supermoto?

Saw the new Aprilia in person this past weekend. All I can say is that it looks like jewlery. The twin exhaust and the fit and finish make for some class A eye candy. The service guy told me that it breaks traction in a corner with a simple twist of the trottle. So if you are into power slides this may make it to the top of your list.

richardnixon 08-28-2006 05:46 AM

Husqvarna & KTM

The Husky 610 is a fun and practical supermoto. It has much longer service intervals than the 450 or 510.

I have a KTM 950SM. It is by far the most fun and easiest to ride motorcycle I have ever owned. So fast on twisty roads. It even holds it's own on a twisty roadrace track. It is NOT a bike for off-road.

VFRider 08-28-2006 06:20 AM

The new Aprilia V-twin Supermoto/Dual-Sport bikes are indeed very nice. The local Aprilia dealer said they have been selling very well with no problems reported. The engine should have much less vibration (for street riding) than a single cylinder bike and is a beauty to look at.

mscuddy 08-28-2006 06:35 AM

Re: Ape over Aparilla...?

Yeah, read the test in CW, they said the 550 puts out "open class two stroke like power".

Are they OK'd for CARB, the ARB & EPA for street use yet?

If they sell 'em for aound 7-8 grand I'll buy one...

mscuddy 08-28-2006 06:49 AM

Yeah, read the test in CW, they said the 550 puts out "open class two stroke like power".

Are they OK'd for CARB, the ARB & EPA for street use yet?

If they sell 'em for aound 7-8 grand I'll buy one...

eekadog 08-28-2006 06:52 AM

maybe MO could do a comparo...

SRMark 08-28-2006 06:58 AM

Be a man and convert a CR500.

seruzawa 08-28-2006 07:25 AM

First off I'll have to see it to believe it. Second, It'll have to be real impressive to ovecome the ridiculous costs of keeping a 4 stroke MXer running.. considering the frequency of the top end jobs.

mscuddy 08-28-2006 08:20 AM

Reading the CW test they mentioned the difference of the enduro version vs. the stooper murtard due to small changes in the engine on the enduro (RXV). Maybe looking for livability on the 'duro.?

Still, I agree with you about new disposable racing 4 stroke durt bykes. If a top end costs around $400.00 anymore for the mighty CR (done myself) I can't imagine what it'll cost on say a CRF450R. Morgage the house...

Looking_4_a_Bike 08-28-2006 10:19 AM

Stop Pushing the Aprlia's

I looked at getting the Aprilia Supermoto and the dealer asked my intent for it (commuting and backroads) said the bike was not for me. Basically the motor is made for racing and it needs too much maintance and the time between tear downs is short (70hp from a 550cc bike, what do you expect). I love it as much as the next person but its not for you.

-Matt