Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 06-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #41
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Re: Let's Get Naked!

I have written many of these machines and have a decided opinion based on my own riding experience. Of course, I am talking stock, since throwing in after market shocks, forks, etc. can change things. If you are looking for handling, any Ducati or a Buell are in a class of their own, though the Ducati is more reliable (personal experience). The Tuono may fit there, but I haven't ridden one. The SV1000 is a very good bike, as are the triples, but neither is in the game with the top tier bikes on handling. Check out the link on the Buell site to the top fifty handling bikes in one of the British mags.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2006, 06:38 PM   #42
ajohn505
Founding Member

Still lovin' my '02 919 after 1 year and 7k miles. It handled a 300 mile trip as well as a track day... and both very well I may add.

I do wish the '02 had adjustable front suspension. I'll have to wait for some more '04+ parts to show up on eBay or do the F4i bolt-on fork swap everyone's talking about...
ajohn505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:31 AM   #43
TonyW
Registered Member

I bought a 2004 GSXR-750, installed renthal low-rise street bars, lowered the footpegs 1", lost the side fairings and cut back the front fairing. I couldn't be happier! Great ergonomics with minimal performance compromise. Looks OK too.
TonyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #44
KyleTheZombieKiller
Founding Member

I'm both surprised and horrified at that.
KyleTheZombieKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #45
eojmo
Founding Member

A naked bike is nothing more than marketers hype and bul sÂ’hÂ’Â’Â’t for what was once known as a regular motorcycle.
eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #46
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Where's the link to a picture?!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:42 AM   #47
LOGALE
Registered Member

Default A great overlooked "naked"

My 05 Honda 919 is a great "regular" bike for us old, bald, fat, 50 year old guys who do not want to be confused with all of the dumb-ass 20 years olds who ride too-fast 600s with too little skills and without a hemet!

LOGALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #48
uway
Registered Member

Default Re: Plain odd

caveat: i like my firebolt 9, i still think it's a good first bike, and i dont regret buying it.

but damn, wait till you walk into a Harley dealer to buy parts (after you drop it through no fault of your own. i mean, why'd they have to put gravel there anyway?).

it's bad enough i'm a skinny clean-cut 26 year old who looks 19. they know i'm not about to buy a Harley, and when they realize i'm just there for parts, it's like moths to an ice cube.

i know this is just one dealer, but judging by 90% of the Harley guys i meet, i'd say it's probably pretty typical, unless you run into a dealer who just happens to be a buell guy.
uway is offline   Reply With Quote