Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 06-10-2006, 05:31 AM   #31
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Let's Get Naked!

I heard their frames break...
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2006, 05:32 AM   #32
sarnali
Founding Member

hey *****, look again,,

sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:06 AM   #33
schizuki
Founding Member

"I keep hearing about it" isn't reliable in the Internet echo chamber. If it happens to one person, and a bunch of people hear that and repeat it, and a bunch of people hear those people and repeat them, and so on, it gives the impression of an epidemic.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #34
caffine
Registered Member

Thanks for your positive input and kind words, Longride.

This site is, by far, the best site out there. Great staff,interesting articles. and it's variety of members makes it #1. Keep up the good work!

caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #35
Brent_Meeker
Founding Member

I don't own a naked street bike, but I recently rode one about 600mi on the backroads of central Texas. So in spite of liking the looks of some nakeds I wouldn't buy one - it's just to damn tiring to hold on against a 90mph wind blast.
Brent_Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #36
rmdower
Founding Member

Default Plain odd

I went to my local clown convention hall, as I refer to he local Harley dealer. I love the costumes many of the customers wear.

Anyhow, I went their to test drive a Buell, and it was just the weirdest motorcycling experience I ever had. It was not particularly good, or bad, just odd.

It was like they stuffed a Harley 1200 engine into a sport bike frame, and it was just plain odd.

rmdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #37
rmdower
Founding Member

I was just saying to myself earlier this week how much I love my DL1000, and its engine. I have owned many bikes, and currently have a ZX10R, a Daytona 955i, and a Busa in my garage, but there is something I just love about my DL1000.
rmdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #38
dorkboy
Registered Member

I looked at all the bikes mentioned and rode most of them, and since cost is an issue, I went with that awful sv1000. Picked up a leftover 03 sv1000n for $7000. Added an m4 single can system and a pc (114 hp at the rw, 9 less pounds), a penske shock and ohlins fork kit and springs, some braided lines and pilot powers, and an undertail kit (another 3 less pounds, but it really just looks cool) and in the twisties it can run with any of the bikes mentioned. The seat still sucks though. I too lusted after the tuono, but all in I still have another $2000(at least) in hand.
dorkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #39
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

I should add that I make this reccomendation because it is also a bike that i ride, and use for mostly daily transportation, for many many many miles every year. Just not in the snow, I'm a wuss.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #40
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

I too own an '03 SV1000. 30,000 miles can't be wrong.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote