Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Let's Get Naked! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3659)

Fenton 06-09-2006 01:45 PM

Re: Let's Get Naked!

I like the Tuono but would go with the S3.

-Fenton

Whatmough 06-09-2006 01:52 PM

U been smoking something! pass the dube will ya.

ikonoklass 06-09-2006 01:55 PM

Get a GS. Mine was particularly helpful for getting rid of those pesky, unwanted piles of cash I had laying around the house.

pudlepirate 06-09-2006 03:17 PM

servicing a duc is not that hard especialy for the 2 valve air coled variety. if you can adjust a quad valve shim over bucket you can do a duc. people pay a premium because they are scared of the desmo valve train.

obandoj 06-09-2006 03:32 PM

Hey Longride, what is the deal with the story on the 1000 Gixxer? Let's have it!

pudlepirate 06-09-2006 03:55 PM

I have been really happy with my 04 speed triple, it goes, stops and corners well enough to embarass a supersport on the street, it looks the part and has no short amount of character, (and I'm not talking oil leaks) all while being comfortable enough for a couple houndred mile sunday afternoon jaunt for about 9 grand. I had cheaper options, but they were just that, they all skimped in the suspension brakes and frame department, think fz1, z1000, 919, bandit, sv1000 some had stronger engines, but not by much. any how by the time you upgrade the substandard shasis you might as well had spent the extra grand at the dealer. the triumph on the other hand was with the exeption of the engine tune a daytona with the fairing removed, not the hotest bike on the market but much beter than the other manufacturers striped "sportbikes"

The ducati monster s4r was a nice bike but it cost 13 anyhow.

Today I would buy any of the italian bikes or the triumph and I would trip over my tongue to get to a 990 super duke.

The Europeans have been into nakeds for a long time and they "seem" to understand that no one wants a dumbed down chasis and motor in a bike that is by its own admission is designed blast through back road corners and break trafic laws.

I don't know why the nakeds allways seem to be cheated when they reach into the parts bin, but you get what you pay for, and I really doubt the price diference tween the naked and faired models is simply the fairings

BruceF 06-09-2006 04:24 PM

It's gotta be a X11,[naked Blackbird], everytime I think of another bike, I go for a ride and she is sweet

obandoj 06-09-2006 04:39 PM

Where are you Longride? Where is the answer to your hidding stories?

caffine 06-09-2006 04:47 PM

I've only heard good things about the KTM 990.

obandoj 06-09-2006 05:13 PM

Have you heard anything about a 2005 GSXR 1000?