Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 06-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #41
ebenson
Founding Member

Default Re: Picking a bike for a 6 footer

Please forgive the ignorance, but is the SV650, the V-Strom? I am looking forward to riding again (without my father in law, and not starting in Salem) so I can work up and down the gorge and up through Amboy and the area. Sandy and Mt. Hood are another couple of my favorite rides, as well as just about any road to the coast.
ebenson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #42
turtle975
Registered Member

I am 6'4" leg/back proportionate. I too finished many rides on 1200 sportsters and even a Road King with a very sore lower back. I bought a 2005 Suzuki V-strom 1000 last Nov. With hard luggage, rack, better windsheild, and a new set of gear, I was under $10k. I had never heard of the V-strom until I googled "best motorcycles for tall riders". I am very happy with the bike. It is way fun to ride and very comfortable. It looks a little better with engine gaurds and a tank pad. Performance and handling are also very good. I am planning on doing something different with the handlebars. They are to swept back for me (I have broad shoulders and long arms). I am comfortable riding pretty much all day set up stock. Good luck. Hope this helps.
turtle975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #43
ptschett
Registered Member

That doesn't sound so bad to me... that's how far I have to go for parts for my Kawasaki (or to get to a Yamaha, Suzuki or Harley-Davidson dealership.) A BMW shop would be another 120 miles on top of that.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:10 AM   #44
ebenson
Founding Member

Thanks for all of the feedback. I bought a 06 V-Strom 1000 this weekend! Incredible, trying to get done with work so I can get back on it. If you are in the Portland area and know of some rides coming up please let me know.

Eric

emsdaddy@tmo.blackberry.net
ebenson is offline   Reply With Quote