Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 05-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #71
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Suzuki M109R or Yamaha Road Star Warrior?

I once had a friend come over so we could put new rings and pistons on my Suzuki 500. We got ready to start, but I needed to use the bathroom first. By the time I got back, he had it apart and was asking me where the new rings and pistons were. Just stay away from the transmission. The Horror! The Horror!
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #72
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Me109, to be exact. There was an R, that held the world speed record for ten or fifteen years. Man, I am SUCH as geek!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #73
Gluge
Registered Member

Any personality image you can get simply by owning something is in my opinion a fake imagine.

And for everyones information, a sport bike does not have to be ridden at insane speeds to be fun, nor does it even have to go very fast, the only thing that makes a sport bike a sport bike is the same thing that makes a sports car a sports car, they handle really well. How can that ever be bad? Examples: RS125, RS250, Ninja 250, Ninja 500, CBR400, VFR400, porsche spyder etc. etc.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #74
Gluge
Registered Member

so... cruisers can't go over 100 ?

The wragged edge of death: one 550lb cruiser, one 300 lb fat old lady, one 200lb leather frilled biker, and only.... a single front disk. AHHHHH!
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #75
sarnali
Founding Member

Harley didn't "Invent" anything. back in the old days poor kids rode Harleys and bad boys rode Brit bikes. The reason most clubs back then rode Harleys is because Harley was the perfect club bike, everything fit everything else so you could keep a Knucklehead running with Panhead parts and keep a Panhead running with Shovelhead parts...between the dozen or so guys in most clubs there'd be enough parts laying around to keep everything else running.

People have adopted a bad boy biker image to try to look cool and Harley is smart enough to market the look and foster an ownership comunity but they didn' "invent" anything, it was just the natural evolution of the lifestyle
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:03 PM   #76
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Yeah, I've got a laundry list of gun accessories that I am in need of.

I might even pick up another AR-15 if decent hi-cap mags are available. Mag for that gun were the worst that I have ever delt with.

Mini-14s, AKs, FALs; nothing compares to the crap mags that you have to deal with for an AR.

My one regret in terms of firearms was when I sold my 1952 Garand.

Let hope there aren't any dumb @ss kids or postal workers that go on a shooting rampage between now and the next election...
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #77
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I think the Garand is all the gun anybody needs. Does anyone know how the hell we got on this subject when we started off talking about cruisers? Somehow, it's gonna end up being the Democrats fault, isn't it?
Old 05-27-2006, 03:07 AM   #78
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Nah, I gave up debating guns/gun laws a loooong time ago.

I don't mind talking about firearms, though.

I loved the Garand, but the limitation of the 8 shot clip can be a bit tiresome.

Â…but I do miss that *KLANG* sound when the steel clip ejects on the last roundÂ…

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #79
DougandCarol
Founding Member

Buy the Suzuki. I own a warrior. The only advantage is the warrior has a low lean angle. The Warrior will also shake the filling out of your teeth above 4000 rpm. Most of my total mileage is done commuting. 20K mile and my Warrior needed a complete overhaul. This bike was completely dealer serviced form day 1! BTW, Main bearings (plain) for the Warrior are not available...you have to replace the entire case!! And this is on a bike with a 35lb crank. THANKS YAMAHA. Did I already say buy the Suzuki?
DougandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #80
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Or FXDSL2G4, Or BR549, Or....