Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 05-26-2006, 05:33 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki M109R or Yamaha Road Star Warrior?

Of the two I'd take the Warrior even though I'm a big Suzuki fan, I think it's more inline with the cruiser genre`.

Since I'm a total snob though I just can't help feeling a certain distain for metric cruisers, yes they're fast -have more power-cost less-handle better..ad nausuem., I don't care. If I want a bike to cruise on I'll buy a Dyna Superglide, Wide Glide or Low Rider and fit it to my style, which incidently is what I did, or I'd buy a T100 Bonneville or Speedmaster and ride that.

I feel the same way about the pseudo bad-boys in the Yamaha, pardon me, the "Star" motorcycle and Kawasaki ads that I do about the Harley "Lifestyle" riders and MotorClothes drones....I mean c'mon now, it's a motorcycle...get on it and ride it, it's not a fashion accessory or a "lifestyle Choice"..

It's the same as the Seattle Grunge look in the ninety's, flannel shirts keep you warm when it's 55* and raining and you could find them at Goodwill,, Doc Marten's were at that time, cheap and they last forever..cutting the legs off your jeans is what you do when the knees wear out and you can't afford new ones. They look better as shorts than jeans with the knees blown out...it was never meant to be a "look", it was just the stuff you wore 'cause that's what you had....

Alas, I digress......

The question was, Warrior or M109R...get whichever one grabs your goolies, they're both good bikes for what they are.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2006, 05:42 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

So, it's Saturday. Why aren't you out riding?

Oh, I get it. Sunday only, eh?

Don't bother responding. I'm heading out the door and up the canyon.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #13
JLWarrior
Registered Member

Hey, cut us some slack. It's still Friday morning and I'm at work.....
JLWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:16 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Damn you hit the nail on the head today Sarnali, especially about the old clothes thing. I was in college with all these kids that had holes in the knees and cut holes in their pants. I told them I wore clothes just like that cause I didn't have any better. I would ask them why would you want to wear something like that if you didn't have to. They would just look at me. The cruiser dress up thing is a joke too. I knew the REAL 1%ers. All the rest of these morons play dress up and don't have a clue. It's funny how the Japanese want to jump into that lifestyle that they despised for so many years. Hell, kids are now wearing bell-bottoms, tie-dyed ****s and peace signs again. Who the hell would have figured we would see that shyt again? What's next?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:33 AM   #15
sarnali
Founding Member

Different time zones, In Utah it's Saturday already, and I did ride in, I was riding in sprinkles at 0530 while you were probably still snoring...
Old 05-26-2006, 06:33 AM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I think I got some left over meds from the creepy Mexican disease I had about 3 weeks ago. Want any?

How about some Vicodin?

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:34 AM   #17
SRMark
Founding Member

With all the time cruiser bikers spend diddly-wonking their machines, I'd get the shaft drive. Not so much road diddle is flung up on the bike, and no chain wonk is needed. I'd get the one that made me tingle in the goinal area. For me that would be neither but enjoy what ever you get.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:40 AM   #18
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Don't worry, the 80s are coming back now so break out your leg warmers.

I've already seen some goofballs walking around with their collars flipped up in the back.

That mustache of your just might come back in style! Good thing you kept it!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:43 AM   #19
sarnali
Founding Member

What's real funny now up here is all the high school kids dressing like loggers with Carharts, boots and 1/4 zippered denim shirts. I'm not sure what they're wearing in Seattle now but here in the boonies they look like they're going to work not school..

It's funny, I wear pretty much the same stuff all the time and every ten years or so I come back in style....All three of my daughters wear hip hugger bell bottoms and Converse All Stars now with their hoodie sweat shirts and long hair is back on the boys. 'fraid I'm going to have to skip that one since i got more hair on my chin than my head LOL
Old 05-26-2006, 06:47 AM   #20
sarnali
Founding Member

Ah yes, better living through chemistry....3 or 4 Vicodins washed down with a glass of whiskey will cure what ails ya'.......