Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 05-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #71
HornetRider
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell XB9S vs. SV650

I recently brought a Uly. I brought it after a 2 hr test ride. I've always bought inexpensive Japan nameplates. I bought a Buell because of the way this thing rides. I mean it is cool. It wasn't cheap, but ride it I dare you. Then tell me (after you try to wipe that silly smirk off your face) the sv is better. The Japanese brands are good. But no soul, no flair. Go ahead take the Buell on the test ride. You'll see. Oh and by the way the sv ain't a bad ride if it's all you can get your hands on. I had one in my gararge for a couple of month, thanks to a friend. It's nice to have to choice in morning of what your going to ride. I usually take the Buell.
HornetRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #72
seruzawa
The Toad

Maybe you can get some decent brakes for your Ninja while you are at it. You know, some brakes that'll enable you to stop as quickly as a cruiser.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #73
priday
Founding Member

Default Re: Fire in the Hole!!!!!

Yeah, as soon as I hit "Ok!" I was like, Crap! That's not exactly what I meant.......

Doh!

What I meant was, that you get attention (wanted or not) from all different factions.... this is a bike with universal appeal, and as a previous post implied, there are people who would already be busting bugs with a Buell if you didn't have to get them from a Harley dealership. It's facinating to me! I pulled up next to this dude with a pony tail and blue jeans on an older, absolutely immaculate springer H-D with a beautiful custom paint job, and he can't stop ogling my bone stock bike...... he pulls off with a quite heartfelt and not at all sarcastic "niiiiccce bike!"

I really don't give a damn, but it was kind of an interesting experience.

The benchmark I think is the real measure is when a kid under the age of 5 stops dead in his tracks in the middle of a parking lot and shouts at the top of his lungs..." COOL!!!! MOMMY, LOOK AT THAT!!!!"

After all, kids know at a primal level when something is cool. Scientific fact; we loose that perspective as we age. Well, some of us do. The rest of us buy BUELLS!

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahh!!!!!!!!

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #74
sv1000rider
Founding Member

If you are considering the SV650, get an SV1000 and have the best of both worlds! The SV1K eats Buells for breakfast. (I've ridden the XB12 Lightning and know it would decimate that bike). There are many brand new 2003 and later model year SV1000s out there that can be had for a song (got my brand new 2003 naked SV1000 for $5,600 last September). But the 2003 naked SV1000 supply is rapidly dwindling since it was brought to the U.S. only in 2003. But you can buy and S model and turn it into a naked pretty easily. Good luck dude!
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #75
caffine
Registered Member

Default Re: TESTRIDE the buell first...

Plus, Buell will probably just ***** on your foot for service, if they are there like they are here.
caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #76
caffine
Registered Member

Default Re: TESTRIDE the buell first...

Holy crap! Big Brother just took my p*ss and replaced it with asterisks!!
caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #77
schizuki
Founding Member

Probably a snipe stuck in it.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #78
KillerKowalski
Founding Member

If you had to reach down and physically shove the air/fuel mixture with your hand, or if you were club racing, the displacement would matter.

Otherwise, wtf difference does it make, in and of itself?
KillerKowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #79
KillerKowalski
Founding Member

It's the buying part. Why would you do that, when you can download it as fast as your connection will handle via p2p?

I mean, I know some people who say that do that. *glance*
KillerKowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:38 AM   #80
bigdx
Founding Member

Default kp drive a lexus but cannot afford a new ricer?

kp drives a "Lexus" but cannot afford to spend six or seven bills for a new ricer? Rather he has to ride an '01 vintage small bore ricer.

And then he forgot that that he claimed he has a "friend" at GM and gets his cars discounted through that friend. I was not aware that GM sells the Lexus brand Â…

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote