Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 05-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #51
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Being the resident contarian..(maybe apprentice contarian is better right JB)

Yep you since rode them all you would know ... So the SV1000 is still cheap but faster than the SV650 ... gotya... thanks..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #52
brandenw
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell XB9S vs. SV650

Is the Concours still in it? I guess if it is then that's all that really needs to be said.

Of course, the concours is probably faster than a lot of bikes still and I don't think it's THAT bad looking.. Of course, I like Fieros and softball so I must be weird.
brandenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #53
brandenw
Founding Member

And it can carry more than a roll of toilet paper from what I've seen, so it can't be all that bad.
brandenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:39 PM   #54
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Being the resident contarian..(maybe apprentice contarian is better right JB)

if i was gonna do that, i always see cherry TL1000Rs for sale dirt cheap. I would do that. I liked that one...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #55
balpo
Registered Member

Looking for a bike, I went and rode an SV650. Nice competent a relative technical marvel for the money. Good bike. I rented a Harley and actually enjoyed it more. Don't know how to explain it but it was fun. If I could have rented a Buell or lived with one for a week - I might have bought a Buell. I couldn't afford to take the hit if I didn't like it, so I bought a used rubber mount sportster. Have yet to yearn for the SV, but do wonder if I made a mistake not getting the Buell. If only I could have had one for a week to decide without having to buy it.
balpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #56
ksquid
Banned

Sure just for yucks I'll post some pics on MySpace of my bike in front of the kpaul new place.. Kind of want to get it custom painted with new wheels before I move in to the new place...Lexus type neighborhood.... I have to go to Orange County next month on business... know any custom bike painters I could send my plastic to...Maybe I'll just buy a new bike....You can get me good deal on a black R6? Maybe I'll wait for the new R1.. I need one in black don't like any racer boy graphics..
Old 05-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #57
Buzglyd
Founding Member

So you gonna show your face at MO since you'll be in town?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #58
ksquid
Banned

Yep that was sweet bike On my daily commute there is guy who rides e a sweet one on I-5 with custom black paint job and chrome wheels... Sounds cool too...I get next to him and open my window and listen to music of his V-Twin. Didn't it have some kind of funky rear suspension that people didn't like?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #59
ksquid
Banned

Sure I bring one of my associates with me who rides too......Isn't MO down in Long Beach or Torrence ? I'll be in Irvine
Old 05-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #60
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Great mileage

1. Mileage: No one has said a word about mileage, don't know about the SV but on my XB12S Buell I have gotten as high as 60 mpg when breaking the bike in riding really easy. I usually get about 50 to 55 now riding on the highway to work and the worst I have ever gotten was 42 mpg on the track.

2. No chain: The other thing is no chain, I commute and ride a lot on the street 15 to 20,000 miles a year min and got sick and tired of cleaning, lubing and adjusting the chain. XB Buell, no chain.

3. Price: You can get a left over 05 XB9 Buell for a lot less then you think at least here at Chandler HD-Buell in Arizona. I have seen bikes go for as much as $3,000 under MSRP or more.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote