Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 05-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #51
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you looking at the same chart I am

Yep, and ricers do look good parked outside a trailer home ...
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #52
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Take a look at Victory

"But, the HD owners who are so smug, and arrogant, "

Yeah, but your wife sure likes that ...
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #53
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Are you looking at the same chart I am

You still in a van down by the river...So there..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #54
bmwclay
Founding Member

Default Moto Guzzi

I second the Guzzi. Great bike, great big thumping fun. My LeMans is my favorite of five bikes. 90 horses, good reliable handling and great respect from all riders. The factory titanium cannisters have the best sound in all motorcycling. Champange gold fairing, blacked out engine with epoxy-red sideocvers. 485 pounds with a 1100cc V-twin. Low vibration (the good kind, not the four cylinder whine) clip-ons with two jackhammers at your service. There are riders on faster bikes but none with such a big *****-eating grin!
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #55
caffine
Registered Member

Default Willie?????

So, what DOES it feel like when you're standing next to a Harley? Like "When is that F***ing tow truck going to get here?"

Who is this, REALLY? This post is written like a dadgum infomercial!

caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #56
RK-Ray
Founding Member

Default Re: What is it about Harley-Davidson?

Don't worry about it getting stolen, you can lock the steering, get an alarm system, and my full coverage insurance at geico is only a little over $300 a year for my 01 Roadking. Also you can save a lot of cash by buying a used one from a dealship (instead of new), get a warranty, and low interest, and 6 years to pay for it if you want.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #57
jibosch
Registered Member

Luckily for you, Harley has a very aggressive rental program, and you can probably rent, nearby, a Harley for a week or so, to see if you like it. You may even be able to make an agreement with the renting dealer, to credit the rental rate, towards a purchase, within a specified period of time. So you need not wonder what it is like to ride one anymore, you can actually do it. I wish other motorcycle companies had rental fleets, as it would allow future owners, a realistic test-ride period. I believe that Honda made a big mistake in not taking-on Harley, in this area. As far as HOG membership, that is an entirely different matter, and you can best assess that by going to your local dealers HOG website and talking to some of the members. A lot of them hang around the dealership on the weekends. As far as the attitude of the owners, basically there are jerks riding all brands - so please enjoy whatever you are riding, as it is far better than not riding at all!
jibosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:23 PM   #58
nesbit
Founding Member

I bought an HD Ultra because my wife responsed during a group discussion on bike ownership - "well you've owned just about everything else over 40 years. Just for the hell of it, why not try one?" I was not an HD fan. Nevertheless, I took her up on her suggestion. There's some truth in almost all of the comments contributed herein. I will only say, that on a beautifully sunny day and a gently curving road thru the countryside, there is on a gut level something supremely satisfying about potato'g along on an ElectraGlide. If your significant other is couched behind you, all the better. I recommend that everyone here, especially the techno-possessed (which I consider myself, as well), and who have contributed criticism herein, perform that function, without prejudgement, on a rental and then report back. Finally, the goal, of course, should be to acquire or at least ride as many MC's as possible over our relatively short riding careers, instead of writing about them. The HD experience, if you are so fortunate, will be rewarding in its own unique way.
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #59
caffine
Registered Member

I hear what you're saying but there are so many other bikes I would rather try/buy on a wim.

It's kind of like golf or screwin' fat chicks, I've never tried either but I've seen enough of both of them to know I'm not going to like it.
caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:31 PM   #60
ksquid
Banned

How come I started humming "The Love Boat" when I read your post...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote