Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 04-05-2006, 05:43 AM   #21
Kipio
Registered Member

Default Re: Daddy Needs New Boots!

I have a pair of these as my only riding boots. I commute, sport-tour, and ride track days with them. Heck, I even take them in the dirt on my dual sport. They are waterproof, comfortable and seem like great boots. I've had them for about a year and while they are quite scuffed, they seem in good shape. I would definitely buy them again.

However, to me the look fairly power ranger-esque, and I don't know how well they would go under jeans. (I always tuck my riding pants inside the boots.)
Kipio is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2006, 05:49 AM   #22
sarnali
Founding Member

Yes, you can get some pretty good deals on their close outs or irregulars. In 50 years when they do wear out you can ship 'em back and have them rebuilt and start over again.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:36 AM   #23
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

For all-around street riding I get el-cheepo BIG5 Tactical Response boots for around 20 boucks a pair. Pretty well made for cheap boots. Have a steel shank, and you can get steel toes if you look hard enough.

That way when they wear out or the CR500 kickstarter rips the sole off I can just thrown 'em away without shedding any tears.

BTW my flight deck boots are still alive after 30 years and many resoles. Check out some surplus stores.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:45 AM   #24
Denuan
Founding Member

http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/motorcycle1.jsp

In England, made by hand and fast shipping!
Denuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #25
leinj
Registered Member

I've been looking at a pair of Joe Rocket Orbit boots: http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_...ge_private.htm

They look like normal boots under your jeans, have ankle protection, etc, and I like the price - $76. Haven't tried them on, but I'm thinking of ordering a pair this week.
leinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:22 AM   #26
desertbilly
Founding Member

I think you really should try some on, even if it means doing it on a trip to the big city.

For me, Sidi size 43 are just right. I have three different sets. I've tried Oxtar, and my feet hate them, even though lots of people swear by them. There are other brands as well.

I guess if I were you I'd call Motonation and take a best guess at your size in Italian with them, understanding you may have to send back a pair or two in order to get the size just right.

Remember to wear good, thick socks. And that a half size too large is better than a half size too small.

As to the model, the Sympatex GT are my favorites. It's to the point where I'll take a long trip (GL1800) with those boots and no backup shoes.

I'm a big believer in good boots. The thought of an ankle joint being crushed by a frame or engine case gives me the willies. With good boots, you've at least got a chance.
desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:32 AM   #27
03zx12r
Registered Member

I am like you. I have to wear a suit all day and finding a boot that is acceptable is difficult. I have a pair of Sidi boots I wear when out riding, but at work I wear a basic black boot over the ancle and has steel toe as well as heel. The boot laces up, is not water proof but is a good boot and able to dry quickly if I leave them infront of the air vent in my living room. The boot - Craftsman from Sears.

This boot looks good, takes polish well and can last for over a year for less than $80.00...
03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #28
03zx12r
Registered Member

I am like you. I have to wear a suit all day and finding a boot that is acceptable is difficult. I have a pair of Sidi boots I wear when out riding, but at work I wear a basic black boot over the ancle and has steel toe as well as heel. The boot laces up, is not water proof but is a good boot and able to dry quickly if I leave them infront of the air vent in my living room. The boot - Craftsman from Sears.

This boot looks good, takes polish well and can last for over a year for less than $80.00...
03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:17 AM   #29
stoney8888
Founding Member

hey have you seen that cool way that the hottie girls paint there clothes on. Paint boots on your feet any way you like and wear flip flops or go shoeless.
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #30
jhof989620
Registered Member

I've been really happy with my doc martens....slip resistant sole....under $100