Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 03-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Recommendations for a new scoot

Triumph has this big ugly big fellow called a Rocket. Seriously Triumph has some other bikes like Speed Master that I like... Victory has some great bikes too. i..e you don't have to buy Harley.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #12
caffine
Registered Member

Get the 2006 Tuono and sell the 2004 to your "better half".
caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:15 AM   #13
tx2whlr
Founding Member

Like one of the other posters said, take her with and test sit lots of bikes. Many of the current cruisers and sport tourers have cramped pillion accomadations. I went thru this a few years ago and ended up with a v-strom 1000, which also has longer travel plusher suspension travel that takes a lot of the sting out of the ride for the pillion. That said if and when I can afford to have a second bike for two up It'll be a gl1800, this coming after a 50 mile test ride.If your like me and have publicly stated that you would never own a goldwing, do yourself a favor and never ride one.
tx2whlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:29 AM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Guzzi Griso, Yam RS Warrior, Kaw Meanstreak, HD V-rod, BMW R1200ST, Ducati 1000ss, Guzzi Breva 1100, Suzuki M109. All different, all comfortable (with seat changes on a couple), all easy to insure.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:49 AM   #15
spmartin
Founding Member

If you're looking for a cruiser that is a little bit different, I recommend you check out the Triumph line. From the America, to the Speedmaster and the ultimate Rocket III, I think you'll like what you see! The Rocket III is great for passenger comfort.
spmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:58 AM   #16
acecycleins
Founding Member

Actually, I argee. Triumph is a personal favorite of mine but the masses don't usually flock to them. I just figured that since the man already owned a Speed III then maybe he needed a change up.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:24 AM   #17
iamz
Founding Member

I like your suggestion of the new Moto Guzzi Griso 1100 and Breva 1100, especially for their uniqueness. He better hurry though 'cause they seem to be rolling off the showroom floors and onto the streets in short order.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:30 AM   #18
Rsduce
Registered Member

Try The MotoGuzzi Griso, Looks cool and comfortable, its the Italian V-Max! I think Yousef had a review of it right here on MO.
Rsduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #19
pudlepirate
Registered Member

you might look to triumph for a sprint st, same great engine as your s3 but with a real seat and hard bags. the underseat exhaust could be good or bad for your pillon depending on how warm it is where you live.
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #20
Vlad
Registered Member

The Guzzi is a great bike and avoids the Harley clone syndrome. They certainly handle better than the vast majority of machines in their semi-cruiser class. My wife loved the back seat on my VFR, but she also likes the seat on my Buell XB12Ss, so she may be the highly tolerant type. You may want to take a look at the Ducati ST3. It's a very polished sport tourer and the handling . . . well, it's a Duck.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote