Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 02-26-2006, 07:20 PM   #31
nesbit
Founding Member

Default Re: Need Help!

Bikes are about as personal a preference as a woman. Having said that, the only two machines here that have standout character are the Triple and the Duc. Riding them both is essential to making a decision, although I doubt you'll find a Triumph dealer that will accomodate you. The Duc should present no problem as almost every dealer will have a S2R demo available as part of their current promotion. I walked into my local dealer and was on the road in 10 minutes for a 1/2 hour blitz. Good hunting!
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #32
riyadhblues
Founding Member

How about a blond in a convertable
riyadhblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #33
maladg
Registered Member

Graph dollars against fun. Hmm. Why haven't I thought of that before?

Actually I have: then I realized this - the correlation ain't there.

Thanks to folks like you who do think that, the supply of low miles, interesting bikes is virtually endless!

Just like my audio habit, too.

From the bottom of my heart: thank you for being you.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:57 AM   #34
maladg
Registered Member

See definition of solipsism. Hurry!
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:22 AM   #35
gr8shandini
Registered Member

Funny, I was about to mention that I like my bikes like I like my women; slim with a little muscle. I was comparing the Triple and a Monster and, inexplicibly, the Trip felt the narrower of the two. Perhaps it's the weird position of the Duc's foot pegs. Anyway, that and the sexy new bobtail on the S3 sealed the deal. Not to mention the fact that the 3-cylinder wail is about the most beautiful sound this side of a 12-cylinder Ferarri.
gr8shandini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:08 AM   #36
teknoman
Registered Member

How about a black blonde in a convertible[like EVE]
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:53 AM   #37
bbtowns
Founding Member

It would help to know how you ride. If you're getting a new bike you're likely looking at the SV1000s, which has a fairing, unlike the other two. Both the Triumph and the Duc are way cooler, so if you like to cruise the boulevard or go to your local bike night those are easy choices. All 3 of these will handle way better than your V-rod. IMO you can ignore worries about the reliability of the Duc for the first 30K miles, but maintenance will set you back a bit more, though at least this is the two valve which is cheaper. The Suzuki will be easiest to maintain yourself, though depending on the relationship between the frame and middle cylinder the Triumph may not be too bad. If money is a real issue get the Suzuki, if fun factor is the main driver go with the duc, if you're in the middle get the Triumph. They'll all end up a ton of fun.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:07 AM   #38
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Sure........

I did love it, if Triumph still made them or I could have found a new one I'd have got another one. In fact, if I could have found a new Tiger I would have got that instead but towards the end of the year they get pretty thin on the ground and I didn't want to wait.

I'm happy with the Dyna for now, I'll probably get a Triumph next time.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:11 AM   #39
sarnali
Founding Member

Works for me, don't even have to be blonde.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:17 AM   #40
doc1
Founding Member

I ride primarily back and forth from my office in traffic, which is why I don't need something that gets max torque and hp at 10,000+ rpms because I won't get there and back before the next light. Saturday mornings I usually get out to play on the back roads which is where the v-rod isn't as much fun. By the time I sell that, the weather should allow me to try out something else. If I can't try it out, I won't buy it.
doc1 is offline   Reply With Quote