Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 02-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #21
BillyO
Registered Member

Default Re: Need Help!

I`ve owned two Ducks,several Trumpets an no Suzies.Have ridden both the Monster and Speed 3.

My choice is the triumph.Love ducks but the tripple will slaughter the other two.

Triumph grin factor --10.Hooligan factor 10+.

Bon Chance,mon ami.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #22
rapier
Founding Member

Don't forget the riding position. The SV's bars are pretty low. Pegs might be higher too. While this is probably the best thing for putting on some miles on the interstate none of these things are meant for that.

You haven't said what your used to riding or what your intended main use is but riding position might play a part in the decision. I'd say you have to at least sit on them all to see what fits best.

rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #23
BillyO
Registered Member

Holy S#@!,I`m replying again to you.If you live in an area of Maine that`s close to Hampton,NH get on over to Great Bay Triumph

and take a Tripple out.

The are good people.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #24
BillyO
Registered Member

Your`re correct,I sat on an SV and it felt like an upholstered cricifix.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:12 PM   #25
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Wimp!
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

A friend of mine who is a very strong dude who goes to the gym a lot is very unhappy with the long stretch and low bars on the SV. You might just do what's right and get a Speed Triple.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:32 PM   #27
SRMark
Founding Member

From that group, the Speed Triple. But put the Aprilia Tuono, MV Brutale (either size) or the KTM Super Duke into the mix and I'd go for Sir Duke. The Speed Triple would be down the list a bit. Dump the Suzy out and replace it with the Yamaha FZ-1. The fizzy one is just about the best of all worlds.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #28
imported_g_k
Registered Member

Here we go again. Someone asks for suggestions to help choose from an already determined short list, and half the posts tell him to get something else. How about looking at it like this - there aren't really any bad bikes out there these days (some people even like Buells). I predict that, regardless of what you end up with, you'll (1) enjoy it a lot, (2) wonder at times if you made the right choice, and (3) eventually decide to get something different (time marches on, you know).

But in the spirit of so many previous posts, I insist you get a new Goldwing with a trike conversion - you'll be glad you did.
imported_g_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #29
daytonax2001
Registered Member

Not a hard choice. The Speed Triple is dead reliable, European, stylish, full of character, wicked fast...aw fer cryin' out loud, its not even close. (The Suzuki? *yawn*...whatever. The Duc? Pity something so expensive is so slow and fussy. And wonky-looking, to boot.)
daytonax2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #30
teknoman
Registered Member

My friend,I went down to the Ducati dealership which is new here Vegas,and also we have the largest Harley dealership[so they say] in the United States.So I,ve been there too,and of all the H-D,s,I was instantly drawn to the V-Rods,,and I still like each incarnation of them,the streetrod and the nightrod.Just too expensive ,least here in Vegas with the markup.So I went down to the Duc Dealer,and while he does not have have the s2r -1000,he did have a lovely black with tangerine stripe fitted with arrow pipes,He fired it up and as I said before,it sounded like a whole bunch of dishes being thrown into a washing machine on spindry!It was glorious and evil .It seems to me that you are a man who goes his own way.Yeah,I know about valve adjustment costs,and I don,t care,it,s about having something unique,something different.I have no problems with the sv or the triple,I just happen to have a dealership [Duc] finally in my home town,and ranted to ducati to get one here,I do love the speed triple,but the duc slightly edges it out.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote