Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 02-16-2006, 04:06 AM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Good bikes for passengers?

You want reliability and low-profile looks. Kawasaki Concours. You want sleek and great handling. Ducati ST3. You want great looks and power. Yamaha FJR. You want more ideas e-mail me and I'll tell you what the insurance industry will look at for great rates.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2006, 04:16 AM   #12
gr8shandini
Registered Member

I've been a private pilot for over 10 years and I have never heard of anyone forcing their passengers to sign a waiver.
gr8shandini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:17 AM   #13
teapotdome
Registered Member

Passenger accommodations are frequently a sore point with the lady on the pillion. While not a "sport" bike, we've had great success with the Triumph Speedmaster. To gain even more leg room (my wife is 5'8" tall), I relocated the passenger pegs forward, by removing the standard peg bracket and bolting the pegs into the bracket holes. I added Triumph's "peg finishers" to make it tidy.

Result is a bike we can both ride all day, can keep up with all but the most vicious apex-strafers and it a unique and fun ride. Add RKA bags and you're ready to tour.
teapotdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #14
SRMark
Founding Member

As the gent said earlier, get an ST1100, save some money and ride forever. My wife loves the thing. She's 5'3" and I'm 6'1". My longest day has been over 800 miles solo with minimal discomfort. I use a gel seat pad for a little extra comfort. The wife doesn't like to go more than 250 miles. Not a comfort thing, just an interest issue. My ST is a '91 and I keep looking at other bikes to replace it with but there really is no reason to do so. It works that well and never breaks ever. (I'm screwed for sure now.)
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:45 AM   #15
bradbarker738
Registered Member

Kawasaki Concours.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:59 AM   #16
teknoman
Registered Member

I don,t ride with my wife in own vehicle,simply because I have/tend to change my driving patterns due to my concerns for her,or importantly,keeping the impending nagging down about my driving.I have never had a passenger on my bike,simply because I feelI,m not competent enough to lookout for myself and them.Whereas I may take chances with myself to get out of the way,etc. I don,t want to have to change my thought processes for amilisecond which would cause me/her some problems.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:02 AM   #17
teknoman
Registered Member

Goldwing,if you can afford one.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:13 AM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

you forgot to add "when I bring your daughter home to ***** her brains out"
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:15 AM   #19
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki Bandit

I did a lot of two up riding on an '01 Bandit, it's a very comfortable bike for me and my passenger.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:55 AM   #20
bbtowns
Founding Member

My wife has ridden with me on my ST4s, V-Strom, R1100RS, Concours, R1100GS, Tiger, VFR, etc. and like a few others here said she picks the Concours as the most comfortable. We rode the Alcan together two up with camping gear and she said she was comfortable the whole way.

Someone mentioned seat to peg ratio for comfort, which is important, but I'd add lack of buffeting (as passengers usually sit a bit higher), and a tail bag or back rest usually helps with their comfort.