Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 02-13-2001, 06:07 AM   #171
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Amen to that!

As the old, wise sage once said:

"To succeed at mountain biking, one must first succeed at BMX racing."
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2001, 06:52 AM   #172
Wolvie
Founding Member

Default Re: A few words from some prominent people.....

...With tongue planted firmly in cheek...

"I want the liberty to water my front lawn naked."

As long as your lawn is totally obscured by a 15' concrete wall...go for it.

"I want the liberty to not pay taxes, and use no government services in return."

Work off the books and flap your arms real hard so you can fly everywhere you want to go without using a sidewalk or street. Oh, and we will build a road to your house so a foreign country can attack you without infringing on the rest of the US.

"I want the liberty to get divorced and not lose half my stuff because I'm a man."

(Pulls out a Spiderco) I can do that operation for you.

"I want the liberty to marry three or four women at the same time."

Don't kid yourself...you can't afford it. NONE of us can!

"If I were gay, and I'm not (not that there's anything wrong with that), I want the liberty to marry someone of the same sex, and adopt children, without any bias against me."

Actually, I'm with you on that. I can't find anything sarcastic to say...DRAT!

"I want the liberty of having my vote counted, and recounted, and recounted again if that's what it takes to have my voice heard."

Um....that has already happened. In this situation, your voice will be heard loud & clear...only problem is that it keeps saying, "I'm an Idiot!"

"I want the liberty to take crack cocaine, heroin, and/or any other substance that I wish to put into my body."

Only if I get to lock you up to keep you away from the rest of society.

"I want the liberty to have a doctor end my life, if I am dying of cancer, so I can depart with dignity and not leave a huge hospital bill behind."

Damn...with you on that too! You ain't making this easy!

"I want the liberty to pay someone for sex if I so should desire."

One word: Nevada

"I want the liberty to sell sexual services, if I so should desire."

See above.

"I want the liberty to buy beer before noon on sunday."

Yeah...why can't we do that??

"I want the liberty to ride a two stroke motorcycle on the street."

You can't...see question #2 (snicker)

"I want the liberty to refuse service in the army, and avoid dieing for my country."

This will probably be something you won't have to worry about....the last draft was, what, 30 years ago? Then again, you could pull a Bubba and run to a foreign school and thumb your nose at all the others that didn't get out in time. Then you can come back and in a few years be their boss!

"I want the liberty to protest a new president, and not have riot police smash my head in with a baton."

As long as it's a non-violent protest, you really already have this right.

"I want the liberty to purchase prescription drugs without a prescription if I am sick."

How would you know what you need unless you are a doctor? If you were a doctor, then you already have that little pad you can scribble on...

"I want the liberty to not wear my seatbelt if I want to make a statement about my right to do stupid things."

I agree with that one too. Damn!

"I want the liberty to have someone fall down on the sidewalk and crack their head open, and not sue me for a million dollars because I didn't shovel it of snow."

3 words: Barbed Wire Perimeter

"I want the liberty of being able to go to work and not fear some freak carrying a small military arsenal coming in and killing everyone, but most importantly, me."

Fight Crime...Shoot Back. BTW, if you are asking for protection,...sorry, see item #2.

"I want the liberty to get on amusement park rides if I am a midget."

Only if I can take bets on how far your will get tossed through the air. Oh, & I want the video rights too!

"I want the liberty for having carnal knowledge of your wife, if her and I should so feel a mutual need, without having you come after me with a shotgun."

To think I would use a shotgun is ridiculous. Now a flame-thrower....

"I want the liberty of having sex with your 18 year old daughter and her best friend, with their consent, even though I'm a dirty old man, again, without you coming after me with a shotgun."

Actually, my 18 year old daughter is the one that would use the shotgun if you even suggested it.

"I want the liberty of performing acts of sodomy in the privacy of my own bedroom."

Damn. Stop making sense! You are ruining my train of thought.

"I want the liberty of tatooing my face as a form of self expression, and not being fired from my job."

Fine you can work for me...as long as I have the liberty to decide what your job responsibilities will be. Oh, BTW, here's a nice comfy trunk and you don't mind me calling you "The Gimp", do ya?

"I want the liberty to drink bourbon in church."

You can in the Unification Church of Wolvie.

"I want the liberty to have a pet siberian tiger."

Did ya ever consider the size of the litter box? Anyway, it would be kinda cool...

"I want the liberty to shoot bald eagles and mount them in my home as trophies."

You can...but the only problem is you have to shoot them by holding a rimfire cartridge in your mouth while aiming your face and biting down real hard...

"I want the liberty to fish without having to get a license."

Seriously, you can...in the ocean. No kidding.

"I want the liberty to cut down some trees and build myself a house in the city, without government bureaucrats having to sign off on it as "safe.""

Not in our city...see #2 once again.

"I want the liberty to have a pirated satellite card."

OK, but you will only be able to receive Davey & Goliath reruns and Pauly Shore movies.

"I want the liberty to manufacture my own MDMA."

Hey! My Ma was an MD! And you can't make another one!

Disclaimer for the Humor Impaired:

No animals were injured in the making of this post. Any similarities to this and real life is purely coincidental.

Wolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 07:05 AM   #173
Wolvie
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks Dan!

Steve,

In NY, the police can stop and summons you for not wearing a seatbelt in the car or a helmet on your bike.

They do not need another reason to stop you.

Now that being said, I agree with stopping motorcyclists for not wearing their helmets. Believe it or not, the vast majority of these guys are riding stolen bikes.
Old 02-13-2001, 07:18 AM   #174
Wolvie
Founding Member

Default Re: By the way....

Abe,

I haven't posted here in MONTHS because of the abuse of the boards by the 14 year old, foul mouthed, attention seeking, Anonymous Squids.

Now I feel better about posing once again! Thanks MO!

Old 02-13-2001, 08:37 AM   #175
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks Dan!

Interesting that they can sight you for those offenses without anything else. I'll remember that if I'm ever in NY.

That's an excellent point. I was stopped in the first couple months I was riding. I was somewhat lost, and pulled over to check the map. After finding my way, I decided to check the bike to see how much gas it had, and opened the tank. About that time a local sheriff came by, and asked if there were any problems, I explained my situation, lost and now just checking to see if I had enough gas). I think I may have still had a temp tag on the bike at this time.

Then I took off, and as I went through town, another sheriff going the opposite way pulled me over. I told him I just saw his friend up the road, and he explained that was why I was pulled over, they thought my activity was suspicious. After checking my license and registration, telling me "nice bike" and point me toward a gas station, they let me go.

I felt harassed, but realized they did it because they thought it might be stolen. I also thought it was histerical that while they had me pulled over a group of "bikers" went right by us, and I thought to myself, I bet the cops don't hassle them.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 04:02 PM   #176
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Re: Helmet Law Repeal Stats

just mind your own business
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 04:38 PM   #177
CarsSuck
Founding Member

You wouldn't have worn one otherwise? You state legislature has told you how to ride your motorcycle, and you thank them? You NEEDED them to tell you that? Pathetic. Fortunately I live in a state where I do what I want, and I will not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I'd rather be dead that find myself saying something as stupid as the statement above.
Old 02-15-2001, 04:47 PM   #178
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Anyone remember Gary Busey before the accident? Same difference.
Old 02-15-2001, 04:57 PM   #179
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default or work for Geraldo

they love this sensationalist tearjerker garbage. With that scenario in mind, why don't you just stop riding motorcycles altogether? How can you justify taking that risk and doing that to your family? Why don't you then tell them it was your right to ride a motorcycle--or that it was "fun"? How about you give up motorcycles for life, and at the end of it ask your family to explain to you why you just wasted your life worrying about what other people think, giving up the superior vehicle to join the ranks of inferior unthinking masses, not taking risks, and wasting your life in trying to prolong it. Whether to wear a helmet, whether to ride a motorcycle--if there's a blanket answer for either then it should be true for both, since both come down to doing what you really want to do or living in fear. Wouldn't you want to be able to go for a ride without a helmet just ONCE before you die? On a deserted road with no one around but that cop sitting in the weeds? No? One of your next lives maybe, I'm sure you'll get plenty more.
Old 02-15-2001, 05:13 PM   #180
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Are we in a Wal-Mart right now?

That was YOUR walmart story. I go out of my way to not go to Walmart to avoid those mouthbreathers, and now you bring them to me. Thanks. By the way I hear those stories all the time, and about half the ones I hear say they were wearing a helmet (although I don't think anyone's every been a direct relative of the person in the story, it's always a brother's uncle's former roomate). I always tell them that that's what happens when people treat motorcycles like toys instead of taking them seriously. And if there was a car involved, I tell them I hope it inspired them to take their driving seriously. Of course I say it in a slightly condescending, but very syrupy nice voice--am I an a$$? Sure, but I try to do my part to educate.