Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 12-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #21
FrankGrimes
Founding Member

Default Re: Snitch ticket

Where is the light in Encinitas? I can never get the light by the train stop. Apparently you can call a number and the city has within 24 hours to fix the weight sensor at traffic lights.
FrankGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #22
Agent0090
Founding Member

You have the right to remain silent. Use it.
Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:05 PM   #23
sv1000rider
Founding Member

This is the new George Bush terrori-cam. Proceed calmly and quietly to the nearest law enforcement receptacle, turn around, put your hands on your ankles, and back into the receptacle for your preordained punishment. Thank you for your capitulation.
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:43 PM   #24
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

The press in the SF bay area did a cluster of stories a few years ago about the 'epidemic' of red light running' that had been uncovered by these cameras. It turned out that the people who insall the cameras (and share in the fines) cut the time between yellow and red, thereby creating a 'crisis' that needed to be addressed. By installing more cameras, no doubt.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:52 AM   #25
pplassm
Founding Member

Wait a minute. Driving an SUV in Vegas, wearing a Santa hat.

Too much! Sounds like a great time!
Old 12-20-2005, 02:02 AM   #26
BillyO
Registered Member

I ran a red light -well more than one .But one was memorable.I was 19;that was in 1964.The cops in an unmarked car gave chase.I,in tune, gave them "The Finger."Despite what you may believe,this was a stupid thing to do.

Oh.then I tried to escape by riding on sidewalk,scattering people as in a movie scene.Still not too brilliant.

Inspite of all my best efforts,they "apprehended me."

In those days cops had,thankfully,more dicretion in handling the situation.Mind you that this happened in VERY IRISH Boston w/ very Irish cops arresting very Irish kid.I got a loss of right to drive,tossed around by cops,really tossed around by my father[former boxer],and tossed around by boxing insructor [Father Flaherty]

Cops got[each]bottle of "Wild Turkey",or John Jamison Whikey.

Dad got PISSSED OFF plus Tullamore Irish Dew.

Oh,Father Flaherty got a clean shot at my jaw.

These actions helped me to recover from a case of TSB--that is TERMINAL SPERM BUILD-UP.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:56 AM   #27
03zx12r
Registered Member

I don't know if they are leagal in your area, but a guy I ride with has a license plate cover designed to get around these cameras. Looking straight at the plate-all loooks normal. If you get off to one side-looking at it from an angle-you can only see to the center line of the plate. This reduces the viewable numbers on the plate from 6 to 3 making it almost impossible for someone to trace the plate.
03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:01 AM   #28
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default In the valley of the sun...

Just another reason to wear a full face helmet.

Here in the valley of the sun (Phoenix Arizona Metro) if you have a full face helmet on and are photographed by a redlight camera or one of the new speeding cameras out on the loop 101 they just throw it out.

Hell when I'm wearing my full face helmet with gold reflective face shield they can't even tell my skin color, age, race, or nationality
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:18 AM   #29
teknoman
Registered Member

Shoulda said suck you vee!oh yeah ,had a hookerand hookah in the back seat,maybe he thought I was on fire!
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:21 AM   #30
teknoman
Registered Member

I believe it,s something from the Plioscene area around New York-chicago from now till april.Dropped down to 48 here in vegas ,I was freezin'.Glad it,s gonna be back to the 60,s
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote