Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   SV and Seca info? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/3189-sv-seca-info.html)

BrowningBAR 12-16-2005 08:51 AM

Re: SV and Seca info?

I appreciate the info. The thing is, I already have a bike and this would be a second bike. And that is why I was wonder how much fun the Seca would be.

I'm thinking I should hold off for an SV or another newer standard. I'm not sure.

What I should do is hold off for the Kawasaki 650R, but it's cold and icy and snowy...and I'm board and surfing around on all the wrong sites...

BrowningBAR 12-16-2005 08:57 AM

Just when I think I've convinced myself no to get it, you make it sound like a fun little bike...which is sort of what I'm looking for...

...Than of course I've just found this guy that rebuild old Brit bikes for a little more than what the SV scam would have cost...I'm doomed and will need an 8 car garage in about 3 year...

GogglesPaisano 12-16-2005 09:34 AM

Re: Festivus for the Rest of Us!

Who's ready to sing "Gather 'Round the Pole" with me!

-=Goggles=- 8-|

ccd3 12-16-2005 09:55 AM

Just walk away... Old Brit bikes need more than re-building; they need re-engineering. I owned a Norton that was a fairly clean example. It was an attention-getter for-sure, but i finally sold it off to someone who could give it the meticulous attention it needs. The electrics on that bike was someone's science fair project. I'm sorry if that offends any science-fair ribbon winners reading this.

There's a place in Colorado that builds reliable Nortons. they have a wealth knowledge regarding all-things Norton and engineer a bike that will actually run in the rain.

As long as I'm hating... The Kawasaki H-2 750 was another stupid purchase i made. Don't believe the hype. They are not scary-fast... only scary. I still have a jacket with that i can't wash the Bel-Ray oil stink out of.

sarnali 12-16-2005 10:39 AM

Re: SV and Seca info Update

Tell you what, I'll have the lawyer for my distant reletive who just died in a tragic accident in Nigeria send some of the money out of the $1.2 million he left me to the guy and we'll scam him instead.

I just have to send this lawyer, a Mister Mgumbbyuway $5000 to cover the legal fees of my inheritance and we're set.

Tigercub 12-16-2005 11:17 AM

This is just my opinion, but if you are going to own a Brit bike you also need a good sense of humor.

Tigercub 12-16-2005 11:21 AM

Four reasons to get the Seca.

1) I always wanted one as my, uh, let's see, uh 5th bike.

2) They look cool.

3) It doesn't matter what happens to it. Rain, low side, stolen, runs out of gas etc.

4) You can use it to 99% of its capacity.

Is it yellow?

BrowningBAR 12-16-2005 11:52 AM

Nope. Black.

BrowningBAR 12-16-2005 12:06 PM

Re: SV and Seca info Update

You had a distant relative die in Nigeria too?! What are the odds?

...How did you get such a good deal on the legal fees, my fees were $10,000. You might want to check into that, they might be scamming you...

pattonme 12-16-2005 03:17 PM

'92 red seca - $1000 obo

In Northern VA. motivated seller.