Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 11-15-2005, 06:31 AM   #21
harshat
Founding Member

Default Re: Vulcan 750 anyone?

I would like to see a comparison of the "classic" 80's cruisers. The Intruder 800, Vn750, Honda Spirit, etc. are still around, and are completely over-shadowed (pun?) by the Harley clones.

How 'bout it, MORONS?
harshat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #22
teknoman
Registered Member

yep!I submitted that question to the mofo gods![sean,gabe et al].....
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:21 AM   #23
03zx12r
Registered Member

Why does it take a machinist to bring this up?

Most Jap V-twins while being reliable do leave somthing to be desired in the area of engine performance. With most 750's putting out only 40-50hp I would worry if there is enough power for you. I understand being short, but some of the more common sports with single rear shocks can be lowered. A 750 in a crotch rocket will make at least 70hp and the 1200 bandit mentioned above will be right at 100hp. With 100hp on tap-what more do you need? I beleive the performance of the 750 Vulcan will be closer to a 500 ninja - Just some food for thought.
03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #24
Chukchi
Registered Member

Why does it always have to be brought up? The fact is- If you are shopping for a v-twin cruiser you probably don't want a crotch rocket. Comparing numbers is irrelevant. It is like comparing the luggage capacity of a Road King and a GSX-R. What's next- a shoot out with a Goldwing, a Vespa, a Hyabusa, and the KLR 650? Do we pick the winner based on top speed, gas mileage, utility, or amenities?
Chukchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:40 PM   #25
davkane
Registered Member

This isn't most 750cc cruisers, and I bet it puts out over 50hp (I would bet it is closer to 60).

This is the one of the last 80's style cruisers where manufactures didn't make it a struggle to get over 80mph. This bike was created during the point in time when anything over 700cc were imposed to a big "Harley" tariff. This started out as a 700cc bike and then bumped up. It will turn a 1/4 mile in the 13's. It is plenty fast. It might be comparable to the 500 Nina in speed, but remember it has a shaft drive, hydraulic lifters which will take a hit on performance but they keep you on the road a lot longer too. And oh yeah, I think it might be more comfortable too?

This is not a bike like the New Cruisers, in fact I would bet if pure speed is what some one is looking for this would be near the top (behind maybe the v-max and the vtx1800) as far as cruiser go, but like it was said before you don't by this bike for speed, you don't buy it to pose, you buy it to ride, this is a bike you can ride forever (imo)....

davkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:42 PM   #26
davkane
Registered Member

and I forgot the Harley V-rod, it would fall behind that as well
davkane is offline   Reply With Quote