Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 10-31-2005, 01:34 PM   #71
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Advice I wish I had known a year ago ...

LOL. That's precisely what I did. Loved the Thruxton at first sight and bought it ... and then rode it every single day I could. By day three I was doing daily stretches to be able to comfortable sit in the racing crouch and I knew that my dream machine wasn't meant to be a commuter.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2005, 01:41 PM   #72
Tigercub
Founding Member

So that's what it means! I share their values, but not appearance.

Hey. Commuting is the easiest riding! I occasionaly (like today) commute on my '74 Norton Commando and it has a 23 tooth front drive sprocket. Try to lane split on one of those!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:52 PM   #73
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well I was waiting for you to provide all that statistical info professor. Perhaps you can compare and contrast to warranty claims and repair rates and lawsuits to Japanese products as well.

I own several different brands of motorcycles so I don't know that I identify with any particular one.

Damn it must suck to be you everyday. Phew!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:12 PM   #74
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Question from a newbie

SHOW OF HANDS: How many of you MOrons are calling in from senior centers? How many are plugged into oxygen tanks right now? just curious.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:30 PM   #75
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I hope he didn't post more on items one must have to even think about buying a bike. I didn't get a chance to read all of his last post as I was busy trying to sell my bike on e-bay so that I could afford all of the gear he recomended. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:35 PM   #76
kdurrell
Founding Member

Oh come on guys, a sporty 883 is a newbie bike among newbie bikes. Almost no power at all, about 500lbs, upright riding position. Maybe it's not your bag, baby, but it sure is a starter bike.
kdurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:42 PM   #77
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

23 tooth front sprocket? Whats on the back, an 87?
Old 10-31-2005, 03:46 PM   #78
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Buy used

Boy o boy are the people at Boeing going to be pi$$ed at you longride. They probably didn't tell him that they were leaving, or where they were going.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:52 PM   #79
shines43
Registered Member

I've owned a couple harleys (1200 sporty and also a full size FXR super glide) along with a variety of japanese bikes and even an old BMW r80RT air cooled twin. I currently ride a 1993 yamaha fj1200. Bottom line - harleys are overpriced and lack even basic performance. I rented a 2005 electra glide harley and it leaked oil just like the 2 I had before. Get the Suzuki GS500, or if you are bigger perhaps a dual sport like kawasaki klr650. Another great bike is the SV650. Start small, master the techniques, and buy used from a dealer so that once you know more about what type of bike you like you won't lose a lot of value like with a new bike you may not keep a long time.
shines43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:55 PM   #80
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Three strikes and you're out Buz. This guy is good. My marketing professor said the Flaw 3 argument is valid. Indeed some advertising is directed to current customers to reaffirm their choice. So they well be more adapt to promote the brand.... Flaw 2 agrument is also good. Some would agrue that owners are more likely to not report flaws to surveyors hence the criticism against JD Power surveys. Do you own a Japanese bike? I think you have an MV, Harley and Ducati. My Kawasaki has had no claims against its waranty. 27,000 + miles...But that just one sample...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote