Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 10-17-2005, 01:22 PM   #51
teknoman
Registered Member

Default Re: General Opinions And Thoughts

hey how tall are you? i was seroiusly looking at a lightening cg as i am 5 ft 51/2 inches
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 PM   #52
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

VFR, VFR, VFR. It's almost ridiculously comfortable for a sportbike. I've heard good things about the Triumph ST as well. It's chief drawback appears to be heat management, probably not a big concern where you live. I'm 59, and occassionaly ride my friends RC51. You can raise the bars a bit, but it's still tough on the wrists if you ride it more than an hour or two at a time, I think.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:39 PM   #53
Tomas_P
Founding Member

I am exactly your height, and the 12cg fits like it was custom made for me personally. I think the cg seat height is listed at 28.6 in., but I'm OK with anything up to about 30...
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #54
ofreen
Registered Member

Maybe it is just me, and it pains me to write this, but does anybody else think that Honda doesn't offer much in the way of interesting motorcycles in the U.S? I can't get excited about Gold Wings or cruisers, not that there is anything wrong with them, but lets face it, a cruiser is a cruiser. And Honda's cruisers are pretty generic. So is the 919. The VFR is saddled with the pointless VTEC, which is about as worthwhile as desmodromic valve actuation on a street bike. 30-35 MPG in a light streetbike is ridiculous, so that leaves the VTR out. The CBR-RRs are OK if you don't mind feeling like you are going downhill all the time. What's left? Oh yeah, the 250 Nighthawk. At least Honda sells some pretty good dirtbikes.

The RC51 is the only bike Honda sells here that is a little different and has some character. I am surprised it is still in the line-up. Probably won't be for long. My vote is for the RC51.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:46 PM   #55
SuperBill
Founding Member

Count me in with the Superhawk crowd. I love mine. Bought it used for a song, fitted a Sergeant seat and GenMar bar risers and mirror extenders. Voila! The perfect sportbike for this 6 ft, 200 lb, fifty-year-old geezer.

CanÂ’t beat the V-twin for satisfying power thatÂ’s easy to control. The Superhawk has about the same HP as the latest 600 cc supersports, but about 50% more torque. Torque, yummmmmmmm.

Great on the road, unbelievable fun at the track, and capable beyond the ability of 95% of the sportbike riders out there. Maintenance is simple too (only 8 easy-to-get-to shim under bucket valves). Yep – fuel mileage is poor, but you have to burn up lots of gas to pay for the difference between the Superhawk and the RC-51. And if it hasn’t happened to you yet, sooner or later your prostrate is gonna’ swell up and cut your bladder capacity to the point where it’s nice to have an excuse to stop every hundred miles….

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:25 PM   #56
tokoloshgolem
Founding Member

Absolutely! Great advice and opinions from everyone here but buying a motorcycle should involve an element of passion. As sensible as a bike may be, if it doesn't spark something inside you then you are missing out on the best that the experience has to offer. It's amazing how much pain, suffering and inconvenience you will happily put up with in a bike just because you love it. If the RC51 turns you on then go for it. You only live once.
tokoloshgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:35 PM   #57
Fenton
Founding Member

It's not just you. Honda has gone downhill since the demise of the Pacific Coast 800.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:37 PM   #58
nesbit
Founding Member

No brainR. Take the discount and go with the moderate upright riding position on the VFR. Heavier than the FZ1 or RC51, but you won't care about that later!
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #59
tokoloshgolem
Founding Member

Well, I guess it's all subjective but personally I do agree with you. They bore the pants off of me (in a bad way).
tokoloshgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:20 PM   #60
seruzawa
The Toad

Speed Triple!!