Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 10-17-2005, 10:40 AM   #41
Joseph_Betor
Founding Member

Default Re: General Opinions And Thoughts

I'm re-thinking my earlier post. Buy the RC51. It's obvious it is the bike that has won your heart and anything else would be a poor substitute. If it turns out not to be the bike you hoped for (or your body hasn't the stamina for it), your employee discount will minimize any loss you take in selling or trading it in. So go buy it, cause if you don't you'll wish you had.
Joseph_Betor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2005, 11:27 AM   #42
Fenton
Founding Member

The K2100RS is a rare one too.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #43
dean_1
Founding Member

First consider more chrome for your Harley.

If that ain't gonna do it for you then go with the bike you love. Love means nver having to say your in pain - even if you are.
dean_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:40 AM   #44
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Default get a CBR600F4I

A CBR600F4I may be the ticket for you. You will get the Honda discount for one thing. On top of that you will get a good sport bike that will not be overly intimidating with power, yet will haved all the beans you will need in the real world. It also is quite comfortable.I have had a couople VFR's and would say it is not too far off of the comfort level of the VFR.
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:47 AM   #45
newrollo
Registered Member

I would wait. Honda is starting to release its most popular sport bikes with ABS, although the VFR has it already. I ride a 95' BMW R1100R/ABS/FI/Shaft/Catalyst/radials (standard/naked) its sporty enough for me, but heavy (520lb). I'd have the VFR but I HATE chains. BMW has a cool F800 coming in the spring. I'll probably end up with that. In a few years I can get one with 2000 miles loaded and one half the price of new. Some lady wouldnt like it and the old man will want to keep his 3,000cc, 1,500lb half car.
newrollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 AM   #46
Randy_Dixon
Founding Member

I am an older guy too. I have an older Harley and a 03 Yamaha FZ1. I ride the FZ1 a great deal14,000 to 16,000 miles a year and it is an all around great bike. The new FZ1 looks like it is going to be even better.

I use to be just a cruiser guy but in 99 I bought a Buell Cyclone and really enjoyed the more sportier type ride. Now that the Buell has broke me in to sport riding the only Harley I would buy would be the VRSC Street Rod.

The quality is not the question I just like having a little more power than a standard Harley. The new Buell Ulysses may be my next bike. It has enough power and torque and all the functionality one could want.

Just my thoughts,

Randy Dixon

rlbiker@bellsouth.net

Randy_Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:54 AM   #47
maladg
Registered Member

SuperHawk!

Buy a late model used one with low miles from a neurotic rider who does not see what he/she has and/or sees short range (low mileage & smallish) tank as a problem. {hint: since when is taking frequent breaks a "problem" with sport bikes? And finding gas every 100-120 miles just ain't a problem outside the W US}

See current issue of MCN for Mark Barnes' numerous commends re his SuperHawk thru the lens of his evals of VFR800, new Gen Sprint & ST-3.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:12 PM   #48
eekadog
Founding Member

Default If it's possible

keep the harley so you can change it up after you buy the sportbike....
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:27 PM   #49
LOGALE
Registered Member

Default Re: Honda 919!

I just got a 05 919 and it is a great bike. I had a 02 Triumph ST and while it was a cruise missile on the highway it was a beast in town.

The 919's riding position is really comfortable for us old guys (I'm 47) and the bike feels really light and it is quick.
LOGALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:48 PM   #50
johnnyb
Founding Member

Cease and desist referring to guys under 50 as old guys. Fuggin'...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote