Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 10-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #91
dp400pac
Registered Member

Default Re: General Opinions And Thoughts

Before you buy anything, try a Motto Guzzi Breva, either 750 or 1100. All I did was sit on a 750, and bought it right then and there. It's naked, so for commuting it needs a few add-ons. But so far, it rocks. I can't tell you how many people come up to me and tell me how beautiful this bike is.
dp400pac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2005, 10:51 AM   #92
Buzglyd
Founding Member

That's because 150 miles is a big weekend for you. If you did 1200 mile weekends you might understand.

It's nice to be able to do 200 miles before you pull over. Of course you've never done that.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:04 PM   #93
Buzglyd
Founding Member

crusty veteran!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 04:13 PM   #94
mjs
Founding Member

Buy the bike that you really want, the bike that really lights your fire.

Buy the bike that YOU want.
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:57 AM   #95
teknoman
Registered Member

Thanks!you made up my mind for me!
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #96
Captain_Squiddly
Founding Member

Hmm,

Looking for something comfy, roomy, and with a high grin coefficient? How about something that will do everything from scraping bodywork, to 2 up touring, to lighting up the rear at 110?

Busa.

'nuff said.
Captain_Squiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:23 PM   #97
wOzerd
Founding Member

This happened when some dork decided to apex a hairpin (who the heck APEXES a hairpin??) during practice at St Louis. He swept across in front of me and took out my front wheel. Unfortunately I forgot to let go of the bars and took the bike with me (a brand new FZ600). I think I was 44 then.

Yes, permanent disfigurement. I use my bump as a hat hook. Also comes in handy in airports to keep your baggage strap from sliding off your shoulder. The pain went away enough that I was back at the track 2 weeks later. That was the first time I finished worse than I started. I found myself watching an airplane flying overhead as I entered turn 1 at Indy at around 145 mph and decided-- thats it, game over. That was my last race.

Now that I'm older, it does bug me sometimes. But-- I can scratch my back in places I never could reach before! You actually have greater range.

Have they fitted a "varny brace"? Does it hurt like hell? Mine was a full seperation-- torn muscle and cartalidge. Yours sounds like stretched cartalidge/muscle. Keep that brace on and you may very well completely recover!

I was given 3 options: go in, drill holes in the bones and zip tie em together or, cut it off (ugh! plus they wouldn't give me my bone back!!) or, leave it like it is. I would have had them cut it off because they said the zip tie would probably end in bursitis or something. Plus can you imagine what a nice conversation piece the jar full of formaldehyde would make? "ya-- uh, thats my collar bone". It would have been a great way to trap some unsuspecting fool into a couple hours of my favorite racing stories (greatly exaggerated of course). But, with nothing to show for it, I chose the latter (and cheaper) course of action.

Good luck on your recovery!!
wOzerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 05:46 AM   #98
wOzerd
Founding Member

as a "last thought" I agree. GOD invented pain medicine with that in mind. (HE also invented: motorcycles, curvy roads, sticky tires,duct tape and Velcro (in case you were wondering)!!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 06:40 AM   #99
wOzerd
Founding Member

as a LAST "last thought", YES. Also look at a

S H. I had a yellow one. While trailering it home, some middle aged woman was looking at it, pointing and you could tell she was excited! Or, at least that was my assumption based on the fact she "flashed" me. It wasn't what I wanted to see-- or, maybe it was, I am still trying to figure that out.

Compared to the RC, not the bang your brain on the back of your skull accelleration, nowhere near the handling, but much better riding position. I rode my S-H about 800 miles one weekend through WV and KY. Add a set of BOOM BOOM exhaust cans, re-jet the carbs and it just stirs the soul! Only draw back: the thing wheelies so easy! I mean, strap the front wheel down! Even parked in the garage!