Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 09-06-2005, 05:31 PM   #11
Hipshot
Registered Member

Default Re: Helmets similar to the Arai ''Astral'' model?

Never had an Astral on, but Arai in general tends to fit people with narrower, longer heads as opposed to the Charlie Brown style, like mine, which fits a Sho-ee better. But, you right, if it costs mor'n a hundred bucks, try it on or don't buy.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2005, 01:45 AM   #12
donduffy13
Founding Member

Read through all the posts here so far. Lot of good feedback. I would only add that Arai makes three different helmets for three different noggin shapes (Signet, Quantum, and Astral). In shorthand, the Signet is narrow between the ears, Quantum is for wider head shapes, and the Astral is the biggest all around. I wear an Astral XXL. (Tried a diving bell but the air hose kept running short and the inner lining wasn't very comfortable.) There is a BIG difference between the three shapes. The Signet XXL won't get past the tops of my ears. I wore a Shoei for years and was OK with it but since getting the Astral I will stick with it. Lot of money I agree but one of the most important pieces of gear you will invest in and one that has a lot to do with your enjoyment of the ride. Let us know if you find a cheaper lid that fits.
donduffy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:13 AM   #13
svo68
Registered Member

Go to the article Gabe mentioned.

http://motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/hatz/

Turns out, you don't get what you pay for, other than some pretty paint.

I always liked Bell. They build for us gord heads. They pass all the test and they require only a small penance compared to some of the names mentioned.
svo68 is offline   Reply With Quote