Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 07-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Cam
Registered Member

Default Re: Lordy! Turning 41, Riding Bug Has Bitten Me Again!

A used Tuono? A guy around has one, and says it's the most festive motorcycle he's ridden.

Cam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2005, 10:02 PM   #2
Grum
Registered Member

Default Re: Buy a Sportster!

Mate, you should get a Sportster. They're the all-round, do-everything motorcycle. A guy with no legs rode his around the world several times! (Dave Barr)

And before you start that silly laughing, ponder this - 1200 Sportsters pump out 107Nm of torque at only 3500rpm. That spells riding pleasure. Resale value is excellent and the new models don't vibrate like mine (Australian Health Care allows me to replace my fillings regularly)
Old 08-01-2005, 01:51 AM   #3
dickastra
Registered Member

Default Re: Buy a Sportster!

I have an 04 Sportster Roadster. I'm very happy with it. It is very versatile and a lot of fun. Certainly worth considering.
dickastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:43 AM   #4
Whatmough
Founding Member

How about a Honda 919? Nice ride in your price range with warranty.

PS your wife's right
Whatmough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:34 AM   #5
Mike955i
Registered Member

The new Buell Ulysses looks to be a bike that might finally sell well for Buell; good ergo's in a sharp package. The price is a bit steep (IMO) but I like the look and early reviewers love the riding position. FWIW...

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes_gear/ulysses/
Mike955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:57 AM   #6
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Well we already know you're not a "real motorcyclist" as for some reason you apparently "lost the riding bug". Also, you can't be very hard bitten again as I see you're waiting until next summer to make the big purchase. Any advice given on this forum will be a wasted effort. You might as well just go ahead and buy the bike you find most visually attractive, and no one can give you advice on that issue. I think you're just going through some mid life thing and I don't want to understand. It's probably a good thing you're holding off on the purchase until next summer. By then something more important will come along, like new siding and windows for the house. Make sure you let this forum know all about your oh so carefully thought out purchase. I'm sure it'll be a wonderful read.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:21 AM   #7
gjbedna
Registered Member

GO FIND YOUR 97 INTERCEPTOR AND LET THE FUN BEGIN....
gjbedna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:25 AM   #8
ncelik
Registered Member

In general terms speaking, I have not met many Honda people being happy with anything non-Honda, especially something built by THE company. Has something to do with real and PERCEIVED reliability. First thing wrong on the non-Honda bike and you'll blame yourself, even though the same or worse could have happened with the Honda.

As for recomendations: Ducati Monster.
ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:35 AM   #9
roadrash1
Founding Member

ncelik, you got that right on the head!

I have a friend who bought a 919, and it was very un-honda-like...the battery went flat about every other ride, and it was in the shop, being figured-out so long, that Honda made a payment for him! Turned-out to be a flawed part in the charging system. Point is, any brand can leave you on the side of the road.....
roadrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:18 AM   #10
wynton
Founding Member

I've been out of riding for about 15 years and I'm getting back into it right now too. I already bought my bike (a used BMW) and I'm loving every minute of it. Apparently though, according to GSXRWolf, I'm not a real motorcyclist either even though I take motorcycling seriously, practice the skills I learned in MSF, and plan on putting more than a few miles on my bike.

I've gotta say it's really disappointing to see that attitude. Maybe I'm wrong but aren't we all better off if we have as many people on motorcycles as possible, even part-time riders and those who want/need to wait to get their next bike? We should be encouraging everyone to ride in whatever way that suits them. The more people that ride the safer we all are, right?

Hardcore or not so much, people should be able to enjoy motorcycling however they want.

Anyway, to get off my soap box, seems like with MadCuban's Honda history a VFR might be good choice.

my $.02
wynton is offline   Reply With Quote